BMW Werkz banner

1635i? madness!

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  AlpineSixAndSeven 
#1 ·
3 series+7 series engine+6series trans=1635i?

I just recently purchased an 84 325e that I am building as a drift/rally spec car.

I plan on dropping the chain driven m30 from the seven series and a m6 tranny.

Ive already completely stripped the interior taken off the bumpers and fenders

Im in the process of sanding the whole car and getting it prepped for paint.

Heres pics of the last couple of days theyre from my iphone so the quality isnt too great.

See less See more
#2 ·
It'll be a 335csi!

#5 · (Edited)
yeah that would just be a 335iS IMO...CSI if you wanted to to press it...lol

the first number is just the chassis of the car...the second two numbers are just displacement...its still a 3 series...3.5 liters...so 335...swaps been done quite a few times already, many members of E30 tech and R3vlimited...in fact theres a TCD Stage 1 E30 335 over there...

#8 ·
yea i just 1635i as a joke and i dont think those 90 lbs will cause too much trouble and to be quite honest i dont think its even that much of a difference its still an inline six with a sohc

#11 ·
NICE I will be to! I really like the torqueyness of the M30 in my 635csi! you will be happy with it and the 735IL has the smaller starter more powerful starter and it's as hard to change!(lighter too! :rofl)

#14 ·
I am about to start taking out the engine and transmisson today. If anyone wants a stock m20 2.7 liter engine and a automatic transmission let me know I will be selling the engine for 300 and the transmission for 200 I will have pics up either today or tomorrow. Everything is still in running condition.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.