BMW Werkz banner

02 Sensor

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  APS 
#1 ·
I heard that you can put a mustang o2 sensor for a cheaper price does anyone know the year and model of that mustang???? thanks :cheers

#2 ·
Originally posted by enimik@Dec 16 2004, 01:18 PM
I heard that you can put a mustang o2 sensor for a cheaper price does anyone know the year and model of that mustang???? thanks :cheers
[snapback]252239[/snapback]​
I bought a Borg warner 0S115 oxygen sensor, I installed myself,
it seems working fine, it cost me 30, It is a "generic 3 wires sensor". but I can't
tell 100% if it is the best appropiated (I have a 325e 1986)

Hope this help you. (It is too hard to remove the old one, be patient, if you want
to face the project to remove it by yourself).

Tomas.

#3 ·
O2 sensors are generic technology - they even all share a common screw thread - e30's use a 4-wire model, any brand should work as inputs and outputs are the same as long as you get the wirng to match up right :)
the four wires there will be two wires the same colour - they are the heater (not polarised)
one wire is earth - shorts to the outside, test with a multimeter
the other wire is the signal - if mem serves, signal is usually grey

3-wire ones are missing the earth - not a great idea to use a 3-wire as the exaust manifold is not always a great earth

watch for the shape of the sensor probe - the OEM bmw one has a rounded end - many 3rd party ones have a squared off metal sheild around the sensor probe that will stop you from getting it to fit!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.