BMW Werkz banner

New Rims For My X5 Vibrates At 45-60mph

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  bryan1970 
#1 ·
Got a new staggered rims for my X5 and after 2 wheel balances, the vibration persists. I have a 10.5x21 rims and 325/30/21 tires on the rear and a 9x21 rims and 285/35/21 tires on the front. Somehow, after 2 wheel balances on the from and 1 on the rear, there is still vibration from 45-60 mph. This did not happen in my stock wheels. Need help. Thanks.

#4 ·
i had a similar problem a while back, was only vibrating between 45-55mph- smooth any other time. numerous tire shops,wheel balances, a new wheel, ect. until i noticed the right front wheel got dirty 5x as fast as the other wheels. stuck brake caliper. worth a looksee.

#5 ·
it sounds like you need some centreing rings as what 325isBaby stated. if the whell is not perfectly centered on the hub then it will casue a vibration. i'd go back to the shop you got the wheels from and get some centering rings. if that still doesn't fix it then it could be that the tries have a high road force. usually big wheel tire combos like that can often have a high road force reading. sometimes you can have the wheel and tire matched up to help make the road force reading less but sometimes after matching it up the road force is still high. Michelin is a grwat tire thay usually have a pretty low road force rating. however it may be difficult to find a michelin tire in the size your looking for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.