BMW Werkz banner

New Car Advice

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  kyle5401 
#1 ·
Hey everyone im new just registered today becasue im looking for advice on buying a new bmw. I already have one and its an excellent car. i want another for me to race so if anyone knows what model i should get for the best speed and modifications i can make your replys would be greatly appreciated thanks

#2 ·
If you are looking for a good track car, and one that is good for modifying,a nd you want it to be nimble, and readily able to take lots of modifications. I would suggest an E30, preferably an 88-91, if you get a 325iS, you can get some really sick suspension setups, and you can gets lots of performance out of the engine, and then if you want, pay 2k$ for a nice 3.0L stroker kit, which will give you outstanding performance.

The main reason why i suggest an E30, is because you can get a lot out of it(money wise), because the basic car costs less then say an E36, so you can do more to it.

So i would suggest an E30, best choice = 89 325iS IMHO, if not that, then get a 318iS(but doesnt have to be an 's' car, because you will be modfying the suspension and seats anyways so it shouldnt matter anyways).

-dan

#5 ·
Originally posted by spiff325is@Mar 9 2005, 12:25 PM
If you are looking for a good track car, and one that is good for modifying,a nd you want it to be nimble, and readily able to take lots of modifications. I would suggest an E30, preferably an 88-91, if you get a 325iS, you can get some really sick suspension setups, and you can gets lots of performance out of the engine, and then if you want, pay 2k$ for a nice 3.0L stroker kit, which will give you outstanding performance.

The main reason why i suggest an E30, is because you can get a lot out of it(money wise), because the basic car costs less then say an E36, so you can do more to it.

So i would suggest an E30, best choice = 89 325iS IMHO, if not that, then get a 318iS(but doesnt have to be an 's' car, because you will be modfying the suspension and seats anyways so it shouldnt matter anyways).

-dan
[snapback]307207[/snapback]​
what's difference from the 88-91s? I just picked up an 87 and don't know anything about these cars :banghead

#6 ·
87 is most likely an Eta engine car, so the engine isnt as good as the 'i' engine, also, the pre-88 BMW's(us spec), have big bumpers.

#7 ·
E30 325i and gut it and mod it...Correction to spiffs comment its late 1988 through 1991 that have smaller painted plastic bumpers...but keep in mind the late 1990 and all of 1991 E30's have airbags...making them heavier and have ugly steering wheels.. :cheers

My $2.00

normally $0.02 but its my birthday :p

#8 ·
yes, E30 = best for track, imho and others.

#9 ·
so i have a 2001 540i sedan, really clean car perform excellent what could i do to it instead of getting a whole new car all togeher? plus i already have dusted most tuner cars since its a six speed! i also found a 1997 BMW M3 in clean condition and kelley blue book says it comes with 240 horses as it is so im hoping i can modify this car becasue it would be so nice to have the best of both worlds the luxury of a BMW and the sport car intensity behind hte wheel :driving

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.