BMW Werkz banner

Brake Pad Light

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Kissner 
#1 ·
Sorry if it's already been posted-i checked the FAQ's and the past 30 pages on here but I haven't come across how to reset my brake pad warning light. What pins do i short to get the light to go off. I know oil and engine service ones but i haven't come across brake pad reset times or pins. If somone knows please tell me, i'm gettin tired of looking at the stupid red warning light!!! Thanks
Wade

#2 ·
Originally posted by Young Beamin'@Mar 5 2005, 06:43 PM
Sorry if it's already been posted-i checked the FAQ's and the past 30 pages on here but I haven't come across how to reset my brake pad warning light. What pins do i short to get the light to go off. I know oil and engine service ones but i haven't come across brake pad reset times or pins. If somone knows please tell me, i'm gettin tired of looking at the stupid red warning light!!! Thanks
Wade
[snapback]304478[/snapback]​
There is no reset on the pad light. When you change your pads the light will go off.

#3 ·
I changed by pads and it's still on. The lil wire thing that connects to the pads were never put back on. The pads i bought didn't come with a place to hook it back up, so i didn't hook them up. Does this mean that i'm stuck with the light on until i buy pads and reconnect the wire?

#6 ·
Originally posted by jllphan@Mar 5 2005, 06:26 PM
YEah, you have to change your brake pad sensors (one front, one rear) as well. They are ten or fifteen bucks from the dealer, and once replaced your light will go out. If you don't replace the sensor, your light will remain on.
[snapback]304524[/snapback]​

Yep!
Another thing...after the sensor is replaced, the light will go out in about 1-2 minutes.

#7 ·
Originally posted by Young Beamin'@Mar 5 2005, 06:42 PM
I changed by pads and it's still on. The lil wire thing that connects to the pads were never put back on. The pads i bought didn't come with a place to hook it back up, so i didn't hook them up. Does this mean that i'm stuck with the light on until i buy pads and reconnect the wire?
[snapback]304499[/snapback]​
sensor needs to be changed, I changed mine, their is one in the front driver side, and one in the rear passenger side, it's one of those 5-10 minutes job, really easy to do

#8 ·
Originally posted by Young Beamin'@Mar 5 2005, 07:42 PM
[snapback]304499[/snapback]​

Now I'm curious. What kind of pads did you buy that didn't have the place for the sensor to clip in?

#9 ·
I couldn't honestly tell u what kinda they are. My dad picked them up and put them in while i was at school one day. I noticed the light wasn't out and asked if he put the sensor back in. Said there was no place to put it. I didn't realize u had to replace the sensor-i'll live with the light until i get somwhere to buy a new sensor! Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.