BMW Werkz banner

Ok, Im Confussed

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  sicnick325i 
#1 ·
I just finished changing my o2 sensor and now my 92' e36 M50 will not start.?
Anyone have any ideas?

:dunno

#3 ·
Originally posted by wulley1@Mar 5 2005, 01:14 PM
Need more info to help you. What exactly does it do when you try to start it? Does it turn over?
[snapback]304317[/snapback]​
It turns over but will not fire . I changed the plugs yesterday any it has ran fine then I changed the o2 sensor and now I got nothin'. I checked the plugs and they are not fowled. I am lookin at the fuel system now. Maybe the fuel pump relay-or the pump its self. I have no fuel pump sound when i turn the ignition on.

#4 ·
the fuel pump relay looks like it might have been hot (the contacts are discolored) Any test I can do?
thanks

I pulled the fuel pump fuse cranked the engine, then replaced the fuse and listened for the fuel pump and did not here the fuel pump run. Is my problem the fuel pump or the fuel pump relay?

#5 ·
Originally posted by sicnick325i@Mar 5 2005, 09:31 AM
the fuel pump relay looks like it might have been hot (the contacts are discolored) Any test I can do?
thanks

I pulled the fuel pump fuse cranked the engine, then replaced the fuse and listened for the fuel pump and did not here the fuel pump run. Is my problem the fuel pump or the fuel pump relay?
[snapback]304330[/snapback]​

Um... if it started before you changed the sensor... have you checked to make sure that you didn't mess up with that, first? Would a bad o2 sensor keep your car from starting?

#6 ·
Originally posted by BeachBunny+Mar 8 2005, 06:50 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BeachBunny @ Mar 8 2005, 06:50 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-sicnick325i@Mar 5 2005, 09:31 AM
thanks

[snapback]304330[/snapback]​

Um... if it started before you changed the sensor... have you checked to make sure that you didn't mess up with that, first? Would a bad o2 sensor keep your car from starting?
[snapback]306614[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

It actually ended up being my fuel pump. I swaped it out and all is well.
My bimmer has 210,000, so Im just tryin to catch the problems as they come at me.
thanks. :rock

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.