BMW Werkz banner

Conforti Intake :o

4K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  BaLAnCe17 
#1 ·
:wave hey guys. im really sorry and im sure ill get alota people telling me to search. annnnyyyways, so im finally looking to get an intake/shark, and i read that Alpinem3 really likes his conforti intake. i was hoping for some feed back if anyone else has one,or has ridden in a e36 that has one. i would like to hear about the sound and of course the hp gains/torque. thanx! :rock

BTW the only places i have found conforti's stuff is uucmotorwerks, m3motorwerks, and eurosport high performance. if there is anywhere else let me know! thanx!!

#3 ·
Originally posted by BaLAnCe17@Mar 2 2005, 02:20 AM
:wave hey guys. im really sorry and im sure ill get alota people telling me to search. annnnyyyways, so im finally looking to get an intake/shark, and i read that Alpinem3 really likes his conforti intake. i was hoping for some feed back if anyone else has one,or has ridden in a e36 that has one. i would like to hear about the sound and of course the hp gains/torque. thanx! :rock

BTW the only places i have found conforti's stuff is uucmotorwerks, m3motorwerks, and eurosport high performance. if there is anywhere else let me know! thanx!!
[snapback]302300[/snapback]​
All the intakes look the same to me. There is a heatshield, and a cone filter of some type. Yet, the prices range from around $200 to $600 dollars. Some heatshields are made of aluminum, some polymer, some carbon fiber. Yet all say they prevent heat. I'm just wondering if there is any real difference.

Well, enough devil's advocate. I have heard good things about Conforti's stuff. I have also heard good things about ECIS intakes. K&N even makes a cold air intake for the 3 series. Don't believe you can go wrong with any of them. They look like they are built the same, so they should sound about the same.

#5 ·
#7 ·
Originally posted by BaLAnCe17@Mar 1 2005, 11:20 PM

[snapback]302300[/snapback]​
Go to TURNERMOTORSPORTS.com for all your conforti needs :D . Serioully though, they've got everything: shark, and intake. I too am looking to shark my car. Oh, and you know how I crashed my car and stuff. I'm getting it back with a factory M-technic front bumber. I just paid the shop a lttle more. Later

#11 ·
I am looking to buy one(conforti or ecis, still up in the air), but that is a couple months away. There was a review and comparison posted on here a while back that compared the ecis and conforti intakes. I have been looking for it but can't find it. You might try and search for it(who knows you might have better luck than me). By the way if you find it let me know. The main thing about the conforti that i have seen is that it has the itg foam filter. There are even kits to retrofit this filter onto a different intake that uses the bigger k&n type filters. It is supposed to keep more dust and debrise out of the intake and thus perform very well.

#17 ·
here is a link to one of the sites you had. It looks to me that this is an ITG foam filter made to fit all the other intakes. This is the main component that conforti has over the others.

http://www.m3motorwerks.com/products/description.php/II=187

Also I have heard of fitment issues with people who have the intakes that go further down having to remove and relocate their horns, but other than that I don;t really know.

#18 ·
.............Dude, I have angel eyes (depo) and with my Cosmos CAI, the fitment is no problem at all. I can only comment through pics for the Jim Conforti CAI, but it looks like there will be no fitment issues at all. Also (enter babble)... I was planning on selling my Cosmos and going for the conforti CAI, but....... since I am getting my m3 front bumper, I am going to keep the cosmos. The air will just MASS FLOW into the knn filter right through the m3 air vent :) ( the only reason I wanted to go with the conforti is because #1 the man is a badass w/ great products and #2, I didnt want to suck up water in the rain or anything- BUT the water will never suck up and destroy my engine and at this point with my m3 bumper, I really dont care anymore.)

Anyway, Only but GREAT things to say about the Cosmos CAI. It was the first thing I threw into my car, and it made my ride SCREAM. If you know the deep gutteral moan of the G35 engine, you definitley hear that sweet powerful sound from the Cosmos CAI. And you can definetly feel the extra pull in the acceleration. My only issue was the wrong rubber fitment that it came with, but $5 and a trip to the home depot fixed that.

#19 ·
i think ill save a little more and go for the eurosport/conforti off m3motorwerks. its the cheapest there. i just love the CF tube lol, and the ITG filter for some reason. anyways. if there are any other places where they sell conforti stuff let me know! THANX

also some pics CHR or any one else w/ intake and ellipsoids. later

~dave

#20 ·
I'm not gone freak.. I'm just in Iraq... with limited computer time... so.. if you have a question.... feel free to PM me or email me... you should have my email addy.. or just use the email feature...

As for the intake... there are many who say that an intake is just an intake... allows air to flow.. either more constrictive.. or less... yes.. your gonna have a heat shield... and a cone filter...

BUT

IMO... I take a certain about of pride and research into what I put on my car... some people just buy stuff from a hardware store and piece it together.. no harm in that.. but quality parts do have some justice in the power game... unless you can construct a weightless tube... with manufactured fittings... and a filter that has more research into it than probably half of the engineered car you drive...

First off the tubing is carbon fiber.. yea.. it has its looks.. but it also have its flow design and weight to add to the equation... then the other main and ... IMO most important part of the intake system.. is the filter... Conforti utilizes the name brand ITG filter... which if you actually do a little research... "google it"... and you will come to find that, that type of filter is the main and most widely used filter in the racing industry for its technology. Its a cleanable filter... and flow designed to produces the correct flow pattern to increase inductive velocity through the tube. Now... unless you can produce this.. and back it up with more facts... go with another company that produces an viable intake system..

Parts are parts.. but these cars.. "BMWs" wouldnt be the cars they are without superior engineering and time taken trials to produces the right parts.... why cheat your car with less thought out parts... that will produces a less than objected product. Up to you...

Price will get its worth with almost every part for these cars... the more expensive... the more engineering that has gone it to them... (unless you find a wrong deal for a cheap part with a huge price tag..) that is where a little timeless research can pay off....

Add good parts.. and you will get good returns... its a good way of life and car building... I'd rather pay a little more... than get a cheap part.. that only lasts but so long.. and doesnt produce the desired effect upon...

Just a few thoughts.. go with what you will... spend the cheaper way... up to you... but I wouldnt...

Les

#21 ·
trhe conforti CAI takes the air from the engine bay, my friend has a carbonio for his jetta (that takes the air out from behind the fog light), and it is sweet. Its just a matter of convience. The conforti perofrms well, and is easy to install and clean. The Carbonio will perfrom better (because it is taking the air from near the road, not the engine compartment), but you will have to clean it more often, and it is a little harder to install

#22 ·
I have a Dinan CAI in my car set up in my car....it was a little more spendy, but it funnels down and sits under the headlight right where the brake duct leads. Therefore, there is no heatshield needed. The cone also came with a sleeve that fits over the filter to keep out water....to an extent. Umm, as for Conforti, I have no experience with, so I just thought I'd add in a little info about the Dinan. Carbon Fiber also.....

Dustin

Attachments

#24 ·
Let us know how you like it. I can;t remember if there is a review of hte conforti intake in the review section, but if not write one up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.