BMW Werkz banner

Need Some Advice/info

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  RedlinedRU 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I was just wondering whether anyone has chipped a late model e36 with something other than an ebay chip. I really want to do this upgrade, but I'm not sure if they make one for my 1998 323IS. My car is kindof different than most. It was imported to the US from Germany, therefore its not a US spec model. I think the only ones that need chips are US models, but I could be wrong about that. :dunno I don't have a top speed limiter unless its over 135mph because I've gone that fast no problem, and it would have kept on going if I had the balls to go faster. Is it possible that a chip wouldnt' help my car? Does anyone have a good reccomendation for chips that actually work? Thanks in advance.....Neil.

#2 ·
I don't think you'd need a chip since you got a european model

#3 ·
Not sure what you can do with Euro spec E36, but I imagine they have many of the same software performance upgrades that we have available with US spec models. Just you'll have order it from Germany.

USspec 96+ basically have 2 tuning options Sharking or custom prom tuning. Hopefully a Euro forum member will see your post.

#4 ·
yeah thanks......any euro chipped e36ers in here?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.