BMW Werkz banner

M3 Muffler

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  325is1994 
#1 ·
will it be beneficial to me to replace my stock 328is exhaust with an m3 one?? will there be horse power gains or any performance gains??

Oh some info on the exhaust: mine has 78,000 miles on it and the m3 one would have 41,000.

Or would it be better to just save more money and get a remus or other aftermarket exhaust?

#2 ·
Originally posted by socalguy@Jan 27 2005, 03:05 AM
will it be beneficial to me to replace my stock 328is exhaust with an m3 one?? will there be horse power gains or any performance gains??

Oh some info on the exhaust: mine has 78,000 miles on it and the m3 one would have 41,000.

Or would it be better to just save more money and get a remus or other aftermarket exhaust?
[snapback]280232[/snapback]​
Don't waste your time with aftermarket anything. Get the M3 muffler. Don't look for HP gains with a muffler change.

#4 ·
hp gains are very small from cat back exhaust so choosing one based on hp gains isn't the best thing. the m3 exhaust looks alot better then 328is stock exhaust IMO and keeps the oem sound

#7 ·
What does an m3 mufler look like? ANd I also got a 328is, and I wouldn't mind getting a new mufler, but I don't want my bimmer to sound like those crapy honda's, any suggestions??

#8 ·
Aftermarket exhaust are much lighter than the stock systems, so there is some gain there. IMO aftermarket sound better as well.

#12 ·
the m3 exhaust will give you a little bit deeper tone, im not saying its gonna be as loud as an aftermarket though cause its not, i bought a m3 exhaust for my car and i love it, it looks better definitely, sounds a little deeper at idle, sounds good at higher rpms, costs a whole lot less, and honestly since it is made by bmw it is probably built a million times better than any aftermarket exhaust such as aa or uuc, but it does weigh more than your stock i believe, but these cars weigh a lot anyways so whats an extra 20 pounds

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.