BMW Werkz banner

Ipod In A Z4 With Navi And Cd Changer

2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Osiris 
#1 ·
Hi!

I ordered my z4 with navi, bluetooth cd changer and dsp sound. I also have an ipod of 20gigas. My question is:

How can I connect the ipod to the head unit so i can play the music? also i would like to know if i will get the id3 tag info in my nav display and if i will lose the opcion of playing cds from the cd changer.

Here is another question that nobady was able to answer:

The navigation system brings the bmw business cd radio, well, this radio w/o the navi its able to play cd with mp3, and here is the problem, will it be able to play the cd with the navigation system too???

Thx for the replies!!!!

Sorry for my english, i try to do my best. :p

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
lets see what i undestood:
1. I can connect the ipod to my head unit with a cable through th glove box. Also the steering wheel functions will stil work in bouth, ipod and hu.
2. I will be able to play my cds from the cd charger.
3. the head unit its able to play mp3 cds.

Is that correct???

I wish all spanish dealerships in my country (spain) will be able to answer my questions.

Thx!!!

#4 ·
Originally posted by Osiris@Jan 23 2005, 02:52 PM
lets see what i undestood:
1. I can connect the ipod to my head unit with a cable through th glove box. Also the steering wheel functions will stil work in bouth, ipod and hu.
2. I will be able to play my cds from the cd charger.
3. the head unit its able to play mp3 cds.

Is that correct???

I wish all spanish dealerships in my country (spain) will be able to answer my questions.

Thx!!!
[snapback]277529[/snapback]​
1. The glove box is normally where they install the iPods...I don't know about S. America but in the US they do. Yeah, you should be able to skip songs...turn up the volume..etc...all through the stearing wheel.
2. The "Mode" button on the radio player...you can toggle to the CD player and play your CDs....AND I think...you can play CDs because you can disconnect your iPod....becuase the iPod plays as if you were playing a CD.
3. Yeah, CD-RW, mp3, regular CDs....uh huh.

Yeah, I'm positive that I'm right, but double check with your dealership...they have most of the answers.

#5 ·
Thanks a lot for your replies!!! I pretty sure they will help me, now i will have to look for the cable for my ipod and for someone here in spain that will be able to install it without breaking my car. Lets see how much im asked for it.
Thx from spain!

#6 ·
BMW has an iPod adapter that connects from your car to your iPod....if your dealership doesnt' have it...they'll have to order one for you...it takes about a week or so. The installiation of the iPod adapter takes 5 minutes or so to do...so you shouldn't have to wait.

Tell me what happens...and if all goes well...I'd like to know what happens.

Thanks

#7 ·
Sure! I will tell you what happens about my ipod!

Until may i will not recieve my car, here in Europe its like a nightmare for car orders, it takes like 5-6 months......

As soon as i have the car i will tell everyone whats going on.
Also i hope that BMW will bring to the market a new adapter for people with navi, so yo can get the id3/tag info in the display, and to navigate through all the chapters of the ipod.... almost like the ipod does.

Thx!!!

#8 ·
Originally posted by Osiris@Jan 25 2005, 12:37 AM
Sure! I will tell you what happens about my ipod!

Until may i will not recieve my car, here in Europe its like a nightmare for car orders, it takes like 5-6 months......

As soon as i have the car i will tell everyone whats going on.
Also i hope that BMW will bring to the market a new adapter for people with navi, so yo can get the id3/tag info in the display, and to navigate through all the chapters of the ipod.... almost like the ipod does.

Thx!!!
[snapback]278349[/snapback]​

Finally i got the car and the ipod. I bougth the ice:link plus and the dsp kit for my car.

I went to acaraudio center to get them installed, they did it, but the were not able to make it work when they installed the dsp kit (incredible???) and now the ice>link plus is working normally. There is noise heard in the audio signal which is changing with the car's engine RPM.

Could it be because the dsp kit is not present???
how can it work if the dsp kit is not present???
my ice-link firmware version is 2.02, i want to upgrade it, but there is no way to find a new one.
Also i dont get the id3v2 tag info displayed, and as Ive read there is no way right now without overriding the nav info in the display.

Any solutions????
please help me!!!!!!

Osiris

#9 ·
If your car is equipped with DSP then they should have used the DSP adapter, I dont know how they made it work without it but maybe that is part of your sound problems. Other causes could be loose connections, most likely a loose ground.

As far as I know the Icelink Plus is supposed to display track info (id3/tag) on the Navi. I have installed a earlier icelink (non plus) in a DSP z4 with Nav and dsp and it worked fine, no sound issues, but this was not a plus model so it was not equipped to display id3.

I would try to contact Dension via email and ask them your specific questions and see what they have to say. Also I recommend taking it back to the installer and have them fix the sound issues.
Good luck,

DT

#10 ·
Finally i have the ipod with the ice>link installed. No more sound problems, but i still dont have the dsp kit on it, but the sound its like a normal cd, awesome.
Now my problems are with the ice>link plus firmware, I installed long time a go one that was under test and im experiencing some problems, known bugs. I want to install the last firmware, version 2.B2, but im not able to find it through the web or in the dension web page. Also i e-mailed them a week ago and i still have no answer.
Does anybody have this verison???
Could you email to me the needed files???
Thx for your help!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.