BMW Werkz banner

On Board Computer Swap?

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Cruzin 323is 
#1 ·
:cheers

Quick question: Is is possible to replace my 11 button computer unit with the full On Board Computer, simply by swapping units?

Is the process more involved than that? I know models with the OBC have a button on the blinker lever... does this lever need to be replaced also?

Basically is the process straignt forward, or is it more work than what it's worth?

How much would I be looking at paying for an OBC with all pixels working - if there is such a thing :)

Thanks,
Andrei

#2 ·
Originally posted by 1993_325i_5 speed@Jan 21 2005, 06:41 PM
:cheers

Quick question: Is is possible to replace my 11 button computer unit with the full On Board Computer, simply by swapping units?

Is the process more involved than that? I know models with the OBC have a button on the blinker lever... does this lever need to be replaced also?

Basically is the process straignt forward, or is it more work than what it's worth?

How much would I be looking at paying for an OBC with all pixels working - if there is such a thing :)

Thanks,
Andrei
[snapback]276363[/snapback]​

I just went through the same thing. I ended up buying an 18 button obc on ebay, but come to find out, it didnt fit my car. So i had to throw it back up on ebay. I'm also looking for another working obc, and was quoted $252 from Bavauto.

hope that helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.