BMW Werkz banner

How Do U Jack Your Car Up With Modded Skirts

2K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Autotechnica 
#1 ·
just wonderin

#3 ·
u get a hydrolic jack... and just slip it under the car under the chasis... and your good to go!!

i went out and bought a good jack b/c the bmw jack is SHIT!! and my car allmost fell because of that thing!!

#5 ·
Originally posted by Cruzin 323is@Jan 13 2005, 11:00 PM
u get a hydrolic jack... and just slip it under the car under the chasis... and your good to go!!

i went out and bought a good jack b/c the bmw jack is SHIT!! and my car allmost fell because of that thing!!
[snapback]271191[/snapback]​
the BMW jack is okay. In fact I like it other than the first time I used it and almost got my skull crushed in when the car dropped. But you just got know how to use it well. I was also wondering when I get my M3 sideskirts what will i do to jack up my car

#6 ·
Yep, pop out the round covers, either end of the skirts by the wheels, as per picture , covers circled. * :confused Edit, squiggly circle attempt red lines.. thanks Delmarco :p

Attachments

#9 ·
Originally posted by 93 325i@Jan 14 2005, 09:00 AM
There are 4 designated mounting points for a hydralic jack. Normally where the jack holes should have been, feel underneath on the chassis directly below the jack holes. You should be able to find 4 rubber pads. Use these 4 points for using your hydralic jack..
[snapback]271313[/snapback]​
The rubber pads may be gone as the can fall off..use this reinforced part of the chassis..

#13 ·
Where would you put Jack Stands that are in the shape of a "Y" at the top???

#15 ·
jesus...how often are you planning on jacking up your car?

i've only jacked up once and that was for fun. Once when I got a flat I was able to drive a few miles thru the city to a tire shop where they lifted my car on a platform and change my tire.

Just get jacks that the E46 use.....if you know what I mean and chances are you'll never use it....

#16 ·
Originally posted by RIBEMR26@Jan 14 2005, 04:09 PM
Where would you put Jack Stands that are in the shape of a "Y" at the top???
[snapback]271667[/snapback]​
Use a 2x4 inbetween the jackstand and the rubber bump or, if the rubber piece has fallen off, use the 2x4 to go directly onto the reinforced part of the unibody.

#18 ·
I jack my car up like every other day. I'm missing all of the rubber pads for the jacks. I just find a metal portion of the chassis and jack it up from there. Avoid putting jack stands under the control arms.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.