BMW Werkz banner

How To Install M3 Side Skirts?

13K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Cruzin 323is 
#1 ·
Just bought some cool M3 side skirts on ebay today for my 318i. Does anybody have a recommedation on the best way to install them.

I've heard you can use double-sided tape.

:idea2

#5 ·
Originally posted by beambeambeamin@Jan 12 2005, 08:51 PM
Just bought some cool M3 side skirts on ebay today for my 318i. Does anybody have a recommedation on the best way to install them.

I've heard you can use double-sided tape.

:idea2
[snapback]270327[/snapback]​
How much did they cost you (if you don't mind me asking)? Also, are they OEM? Congratulations on the purchase. Good luck with the install. That is a small mod that will enhance the visual appeal of your car a lot. :thumbs

#6 ·
I got them for $213. It was a bit pricey, considering I could of got them at bavauto.com for $239, however, these ones were already painted white (same color as my car.)

I understand the ones you get of bavauto.com you have to paint to match your car.

I will have to buy the clips from my local dealership to install the

:thumbs m.

#10 ·
Originally posted by jrhaile@Jan 13 2005, 01:09 AM
^ what car is in your sig?
[snapback]270524[/snapback]​
hehehe. It's my other car, a 1993 Mitsubishi Mirage. My 328 is parked for now. The lower control arm for one of the rear wheels broke about two weeks ago, and I haven't taken it to be fixed yet. I have been very busy with work and lining stuff up to start school, so I have decided itis not a priority. Since what I really drive -- for now, that is -- is my Mirage, I updated my signature to reflect that. Just for the heck of it, let me give you an update: I got quotes from the dealer and several shops in town that work on BMWs. It all seems like I'll be taking my car to the dealer -- believe it or not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.