BMW Werkz banner

I Own The Bmw 318 Ti

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  drz 
#1 ·
my goal is to improve my 1996 Black Bmw 318 TI...and get it to be one of the best cars in my town...

it has the M package also...
Black on Black....

Ive Started allready on makeing the car Black and Blue...
thas my idea..i want it to be black on blue with silver rims..or maby black rims with the blue outline on them...

i want to improve horsepower...and everything about the way it drives...and looks...

it has 139,458 miles on it..and runs really well...

i was going down the back road yesterday n hit 112 no problem befor my girl friend told me to slow down..

any ideas on helping me inprovem my car...

i dont know alot about the bmw Ti ..so anyone who can help me..it would be very much appericated

See less See more
#2 ·
I will tell you something most will tell you... any topic you want to learn about... use the search feature... its a great thing.. also .. take a step through the FAQ section... it has most of everything about these cars.. then when you still cant figure something out... buy a manual.. Bentely has a good one for your car... then if that doesnt help.. post your question on the forum...

Good Luck,

Les

#3 ·
thanks man....ill make shure to check those out...what do u all think about the 318 TI..and would good for starts be like Cold Air Intake...Exaust System...GorillaChipz....what eles?

#5 ·
am i right thats a whole new engine......how much would that cost...im looking on upgrades i can get under 500 dollars...of ebay...discount auto part..or anything like that...im only 17..and im not trying to make a seleen...im trying to make it faster like i said i hit 112 easy...i dunno what it tops out at...but im looking to make some money of racing...so step by step upgrades.......ill post a picture of what mine basicly looks like..until i find time to take pics my self....it has a bran new black paint job on it so it looks good..what should ibe looking at next..for improvment wise with looks and... driveability

im editing this post...
heres a exact pic of my car..what should come next..
http://media5.motorcities.com/99KPE230429982A.jpg

#7 ·
Manumatic....

?.....i can check on some shit off ebay..n try n boost up my car a lil until i start makin money.....
would the horse power chip help...
cold air intake..
exaust..
just try n push me in the right direction...

anyone?

#9 ·
no cluth..but its a manumatic....the butten by the pannel...u chooze A or M...u can drop it down from 1st to 2nd to 3rd..to Drive.......or just use D...but pressing the A button..but u can hit M...n drop the gears ya self.? any ideas...

#12 ·
Originally posted by Black318TIBmw@Dec 26 2004, 08:46 PM
am i right thats a whole new engine......how much would that cost...im looking on upgrades i can get under 500 dollars...
I hate it break it to ya buddy, but it looks like you bought the wrong kinda car. Even on the inline 6 motors, if you are looking to spend under $500 you'll get roughly 5-10hp in total.

Here, let me give a good example. This is for an e36 OBDII

Intake Manifold = $1,000
Shrick Camshafts = $1400
New chip to accomodate both = $350
Installation of cams = $400 (at the least)

Total Price - $3150 (but probably more)
Total hp gain - 35-40
$ per HP = 3150/35-40 = $90-$78

Welcome to the world of BMW's my friend!

#13 ·
Originally posted by Black318TIBmw@Dec 26 2004, 09:01 PM
my goal is to improve my 1996 Black Bmw 318 TI...and get it to be one of the best cars in my town...
Hopefully your town is really, really small. I would sell that car and wait til I had some money to buy a real car. I drove a 93 Mitsubishi Mirage even after I got my first real job after graduating college for a while to gather enouch money to get a car I could maintain and fix up little by little. I'm not hating on your car. I believe in the power of 4-cylinder engines. But I am pretty sure you want power and speed. Let me put it like this: there is only so much you can get out of your nice little hatchback.

Good luck. Hold on to the 318 if you can afford the maintenance. Otherwise, get a Honda or something (just in the meantime, while you figure out how to get youyr hands on some cash).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.