BMW Werkz banner

Wow Snow In Texas!!

1K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  JRC325i 
#1 ·
Earlier this morning going to work...It was dark and raining...( I live in outer limits of fort worth btw) I could get any acceleration thought my tires were flat?...almost in weatherford...I started to drift and fish tale...kool kool 1 miles later after seeing more than a dozen wreck....heres me in the freeway shoulder banks...I luckily missed a guard rail. Sliding sideways 50ft. down the imbankment to the other side of opposite freeway facing traffic.....almost got myself killed. underestimated the weather. Minor damage to underside of my car, mudd cover my rims and elsewhere......happy to be alive.............I'm afraid to drive home....now hehehehehhe...Oh it was snowing with black ice....be safe out there :driving

#5 ·
No, just the first time in snow. Obviously it doesn't snow much down here in the south so we're not used to it like you guys..

#6 ·
Yeah, we usually just get ice here. Wrecks everywhere in Dallas today. Glad my bimmers in the garage!

#9 ·
good to hear you didn't wreck the car, it is always a shame when people aren't expecting the weather and this drive like they would any other day, and crash hard.

#10 ·
Thanks fellaz...nope not my first time in bad weather. I was way under the speed limited 45-50 in a 65. Its like pitched black outside early in the morning. The roads were just frozen, on the way home some pickup truck try to pass me comming up to my rear then fishetale off the freeway ramp,crashing from one side to the other..I hope hes alright. Anywayz after inspecting my babi, I noticed that it SHAKES REALLY REALLY BAD at 65 and over? Why? Did the mud or snow harden on the rims threw off my balance? I didn't hit anything but Grass amd Mudd going sideways. I've also noticed that there were 1/2 dozen rocks or peebles imbedded on my side walls where tire meets rims...could that be a problem of severe shaking? I flatten my tires to get the rocks out, but there are too many and too deep. I'mma take it to pepboys later. Anyhow yall have a HAPPY HOLIDAY and be SAFE!!!

#12 ·
Wow, you definetly got lucky, a lot luckier than i did.....Two days ago I was driving down a relatively empty road in the rain to pick up a friend of mine. It was raining pretty hard so I wouldnt see to far ahead of me. I was going about 50mph when the next thing I know my car starts hydroplaning and I tried to keep it under control...but wasnt very succesful. I ended up on the median in the center of traffic...Luckily no one got hurt but i damaged 3 out of my 4 rims, both CV joints, and slightly bent my frame....i cant open my two right doors.
Looks like I'll probably be selling my car after it's repairs are complete, looks like about 4k in damage. Well basically...i know how u feel and we should both be thankful we made it out ok and no one else was hurt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.