BMW Werkz banner

Day Time Running Dde's

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  NyteRyda 
#1 ·
I just put in the depo dde performance e36 headlights I ordered from Umnitza.com. Gotta say very great product and great customer service. Just wondering does anyone where to hook the dde wires to so I can make them daytime running? For example I want to make the dde's come on when I key on the car? I am thinking of hooking the wire up to my fuse box since my mechanic told me I need to find a fuse that comes on when the car is keyed on. Anyone know which fuse I can hook the wire up to so I can make my dde's day time running? Can I hook it up to the radio fuse? There is two radio fuses but don't know which one I can hook the wire up too or should I hook the dde wire up to some other fuse? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

#4 ·
haha i already know you can splice them to the corners. did you even read my question?? I want to make the angel eyes on 24/7. To make the dde's day time running. I hate the look of the dde's and parkings lights on together. I am trying to make the dde just turn on when the key is turned to the on position. I think it looks real clean to just have the ddes on. I have seen this done on some e36. I know you can drag the wire to the fuse box and also use a switch inside the car??

#5 ·
Originally posted by NyteRyda@Dec 21 2004, 02:14 AM
haha i already know you can splice them to the corners. did you even read my question?? I want to make the angel eyes on 24/7. To make the dde's day time running. I hate the look of the dde's and parkings lights on together. I am trying to make the dde just turn on when the key is turned to the on position. I think it looks real clean to just have the ddes on. I have seen this done on some e36. I know you can drag the wire to the fuse box and also use a switch inside the car??
[snapback]255404[/snapback]​
Did you purchase the PNP connector? What they do to assemble the headlights is they cut the power to the Euro City Light, and give it to the Demon Eyes - therefor, It would work the way you want it to, nO?

Either way, run the "trigger" wire to your ECU's Accessory wire (in the E46 it's a red/white wire with yellow dots, not sure about E36), and your DDEs will be on whenever the key is in position 2 :)

JL

#6 ·
OK, so what I understand is that you want the DDE on all the time.
If you don't have DRL you can buy the module (so I've heard). But the DRL runs off the high beam. So there are actually 2 settings for that bulb: a low setting for DRL and a high setting for when you have your high beams on. Plus the DRL shuts off when you turn on your low beams. So I don't think you can do what you want by splicing. You probably would have to run new wires. I'm not sure how you would run them but going to the radio sounds like it would work. But don't take my word for it, I am no expert in wiring.

#7 ·
Splicing them directly to the head unit power supply should work without any problems...you just need enough wire, which isn't a problem either. I don't know if you would do it to the fuse box, or directly to the radio inside, but either should work.

#8 ·
You guys suck.

You need to buy 2 30A relays and splice them into a switched power line on each side of the engine bay. If you don't mind running wire you can just do one and run wire to other side.

For the drivers side you can tap the temp sensor. Run it to the input conector. Ground the neg connector by splicing any brown wire. Then connect the positive DDE wires to the closed connector. Ground the other wires to any ground. Add fuse between 12V and relay.

#9 ·
You guys suck.

You need to buy 2 30A relays and splice them into a switched power line on each side of the engine bay. If you don't mind running wire you can just do one and run wire to other side.

For the drivers side you can tap the temp sensor. Run it to the input conector. Ground the neg connector by splicing any brown wire. Then connect the positive DDE wires to the closed connector. Ground the other wires to any ground. Add fuse between 12V and relay.

#10 ·
You guys suck.

#12 ·
Why not splice them to the corners and do the parking light delete??? Sounds much easier... :haha

#13 ·
thanks for everyones help that actually understood the question. but anyways my mechanic got them hooked up. didn't need to splice to parking lights cuz that look is ugly. i dragged the wires for the dde into one wire and plugged it into the cruise controll fuse slot. now the dde's light up when the key is on so got day running dde's now :thumbs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.