BMW Werkz banner

Replacement Spark Plugs For E34 535i

6K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  maci4life 
#1 ·
Just a quick question.

What are the correct spark plugs to use for a 1991 e34 535i?

#2 ·
Hmm i didn't reall rememebr having specific plugs. I have Bosch Platinum 4+. If i did require specific ones i justasked the guy at the counter or there was probably a little handbook out somewher. Go enjoy your local kragen or pep boys

#7 ·
I will second that about the sparkplugs. I had the bosch 4 +. they were awful. they would not start the car in cold weather ( yesterday for me ). it hit below -20 celcius for us in toronto and i didn't drive the car the day before. Either the gas line froze on me or the plugs just didn't give the spark it needed, regardless they fouled up really bad, and now they're history. I didn't know about a platinum issue and i just replaced them with the NGK platinums. Opps. they did start the car right away though, so i noticed a difference. I guess i'll do another rant if i find the same issue with these plugs.

#10 ·
Originally posted by hpacc@Dec 22 2004, 10:39 AM
Yeah,

i just took my plat 4s out. what a waist. sometimes the dudes behind the counter have scetchy ideas on whats best for your car. i listened to em thinking i might get some great boost in hp or gas milage. instead i got a car that ran kinda rough and 40 bucks down the drain.

Thats what i was thinking

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.