BMW Werkz banner

Oil Change @ 5k, Before The First Big Maintenance?

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  AIO 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

This is my first post and it might be a stupid question. I just come on to read what other people write. But I was reading a post stating that you should change the oil every 5k miles. Should I do that when I hit 5,000 miles? Or do I have to wait until my first big servicing (per the computer) and then change it every 5,000 miles after that???

Thanks!

EnriqueL

#2 ·
When people talk about more frequent oil changes they usually start from when they take possesion of the car. While more frequent changes are not specified, it should not hurt the vehicle. Be sure that when preforming an unscheduled oil service to not reset the service indicator. This will cause the inspections to arrive prematurely.
Ben

#3 ·
Originally posted by eleon33@Dec 14 2004, 11:07 AM
Hey guys,

This is my first post and it might be a stupid question. I just come on to read what other people write. But I was reading a post stating that you should change the oil every 5k miles. Should I do that when I hit 5,000 miles? Or do I have to wait until my first big servicing (per the computer) and then change it every 5,000 miles after that???

Thanks!

EnriqueL
[snapback]250223[/snapback]​
Do not be fooled by anybody. If you want to use penzoil or quaker state (even syntethic) better change your oil every 5000 miles.Do not use castrol 10w/30 or 5w/30 syntec they are good for "bike chain lubrycation" only. Motul, Red Line.Amsoil or Belgian made Castrol Syntec 5w/40 are good,but way expensive for their durability and quality.Castrol 0w/30 syntec made in Germany is the only oil which can last as long as 20000 and up to30000 miles (or 30000-50000 kilometers),you can check it on Castrol Switzerland side (only in German) same oil diff.name for European market. It will cost you $5 per bottle let say at Walmart. Other choice Castrol Syntec 5w/50 made from the same TSW Motor Sport 10w/60 base, it is "robust". This one change every 9000 miles or if you "metric guy" 15000 Km. Good Luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.