BMW Werkz banner

Euro Parts

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  spiff325is 
#1 ·
Well, I just found out that I will spending the first half of next year in germany. I was just wondering if anyone knows about availability of used parts there? For some reason, I'm thinking that they have junk yards full of old bimmers there, just like they have junkyards full of old chevy's here. Am I just plain wrong, or what? I'm really looking forward to finally getting some euro parts for my 325 without paying the middle man. (And maybe I can sell a few parts on ebay as well, I love USPS on bases overseas) Mostly I'm looking at getting some bumpers, headlights, rims, oh and don't forget.. the coveted euro engines. So what do you guys think? Any native germans in here that are going to burst my bubble?

P.S. oh and did I mention that the Nurburgring is only a couple hours away? And you can buy laps for the weekend... does it get any better than this?

Drive on, Bimmerheads.

#3 ·
thanks, didn't even think about the bmw museum... that ought to be awesome.. maybe I'll finally get to see a 507 or an M1 up close... eh?

Drive on, Bimmerheads.

#5 ·
the autobahn is a great place!!!! i've just been with my family nd we drove from Frankfurt all the way down south to austria! we only had a peugeot and were going 180km/h and the new 5 series bmw just flew past :)) tht was a great moment!! oh and i saw the bmw building with the massive bmw sign on it when we drove trough munich, not sure what it was but yeah!!!!

#7 ·
dude if the price is right i would search junkyard for euro bumpers u can make easy money for those in staes hell i would get a set of u but if u get computer access while out there make sure you still hit up the forums with whats up out there

#8 ·
Hey guys,
Don't worry, I will be more than willing to hook up some people while I'm out there, if everything works out right. I won't even gouge you like some people on ebay will. I should have email and internet access while I'm out there, so believe me, I'll be in touch. I'll probably be on the r3vlimited forum too, so watch out!

Drive on, Bimmerheads.

#9 ·
dude, if you get an Mtech kit for the E30, and if all the pieces are already red or if they are in good conidition, i might buy them off you. but thats an iff......you get them... :eek:

#10 ·
spiff,
I don't know how rare those kits are in Europe, but I have to tell you that I will be looking for a kit for my car first. After that, no problem. You will be number 1 on the list. I will probably be leaving during January, so save your pennies till then.
I can't gaurantee anything, but they are telling us to plan to be in Germany for 6 months. :D

adam

p.s. you guys never told me if there are junkyards in germany comparable to the ones we have here in the states! This might all be moot!

#11 ·
thats cool. if i went id shop for myself first too, lol. no worries. ill definetly be saving, but if you find any extra's in Mtech parts for the E30, itd be great if you could help me out with that, thanks man.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.