BMW Werkz banner

Keep The Swearing For The Lounge

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  yubyub 
#1 ·
I'm tired of editing out or removing posts that have swear words in them. If you want to swear in your post save it for the lounge, otherwise please just use *** inplace of the swear word. I'm sorry if an entire thread gets removed cause a few people were swearing in their posts but I don't like editing the entire thread for swear words.

#3 ·
AJ posted that because the forums can be seen by anyone and have to be clean so mom's looking over kids shoulders don't have a coronary and have to send flame e-mail to the site admin (even though their kids use and hear Ozzy grade language every second of every school day) :lmao2 And the lounge is invisible to non members B)

#4 ·
Originally posted by witeshark@Nov 4 2004, 12:19 PM
AJ posted that because the forums can be seen by anyone and have to be clean so mom's looking over kids shoulders don't have a coronary and have to send flame e-mail to the site admin (even though their kids use and hear Ozzy grade language every second of every school day) :lmao2 And the lounge is invisible to non members B)
[snapback]224428[/snapback]​

That makes no sense for a few reasons.

1) So they don't see profanity, but the mom sees the kid reading about real people drag racing other cars on public roads to excessive speeds... and doing dumb stunts like donuts, and laughing about running from the cops? I'm sorry, but I think they're rather see an occassional 4 letter word, as it would be nieve to think they don't know it's out there on forums like this.
2) You said the reason for not having profane language in this form is because mom's look over the shoulder, or maybe check the site later and see if there is anything inappropriate. Besides #1, they might not see any bad language. So they let the kid on the site, who becomes a member and goes to the lounge seeing tons of it.... COMPLETELY defeating the point of his mom checking up on the site. It's almost like we're sneaking around the parents. I feel we should keep the entire site moderately uncensored (pun ;D) and not pretend we're something that we're not.
3) If the mom thinks the kid can't handle language, or the kid feels he himself can't for whatever reason, then he shouldn't be on the forums at all. I don't believe the members of the forums WANT any kids that young around here anyway. The last thing I want is an 8 year old telling me that I have a potty mouth. This is a car forum, they should join when they drive, or near the driving age... not half it.

So I therefore start the motion that everyone just chills out, relaxes, sips their drink, and enjoys the forums for what they REALLY are.

And that is all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.