BMW Werkz banner

Is This Bmw Wheel #49? Will It Fit The E39?

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  WindowPro 
#1 ·
Is this BMW Wheel #49?

Where would you recommend purchasing? Is Dealer only option?

Will it fit the 5 Series?

Thanks,

Jim

#3 ·
Originally posted by billB@Nov 7 2004, 11:03 PM
WindowsPro

This is exactly what I have sitting in my garage. 17" with 235/45Z/R17 tires. They are OEMs and bought them from the dealer for $370 a piece plus the BMW center cap. Don't tell BeelZ I use the 15" stock with Michelin for winter while listening to the AM!

[attachmentid=14788]
[snapback]226528[/snapback]​
Bill -- those rims are sweet. Any pics with them on the car? Please post.

Available in 18" too?

Beezl -- AM ROCKS! :D

#5 ·
Originally posted by andymarshal@Nov 8 2004, 04:08 PM
http://www.bmw-forums.com/forum/index.php?...&hl=andymarshal

i have those rims on my motor - check the post above, imho one of the best looking stock wheels available.

andy
[snapback]226884[/snapback]​
Andy,

Thank you for the info... exactly what I was looking for!

The rims look GREAT on your car...your car looks GREAT! I assume they are 17"? Also, what other mods have you done?

Gotta run to an appointment. Should be back on later this evening.

Jim

#6 ·
got ac schnitzer management, clear light pack full s/s exhaust, sports s/w supsension and seats, upgraded alloys, m5 boot lid spoiler, carbon fibre front apron. thats it

99 540ia 63000 miles full bmw service history.

back to the wheels imho some of the more standard alloys that bmw offered were very bad looking, cant stand those turbines and some of the other rims that came on cars costing in excess of 40000 pounds.

the ironic thing is that alloy wheels are about percieved value i.e a turbine contains more material and more nooks and crannies to finish off than say my wheels but bmw knows people will pay more for these wheels, which may be why they put lesser wheels on as standard. reality is both wheels probably cost bmw the exact same but they can earn a feew more pennies.

imho i prefer these to the m parallels
and yes they are 17,s i dont think they came in 18?

andy

#7 ·
Originally posted by WindowPro+Nov 8 2004, 07:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WindowPro @ Nov 8 2004, 07:41 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-billB@Nov 7 2004, 11:03 PM
WindowsPro

This is exactly what  I have sitting in my garage. 17" with 235/45Z/R17 tires. They are OEMs and bought them from the dealer for $370 a piece plus the BMW center cap. Don't tell BeelZ I use the 15" stock with Michelin for winter while listening to the AM!

[attachmentid=14788]

Available in 18" too?

[snapback]226842[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

Does not look these rims are going back on my car. I do use the stock/standard 15" for winter. These 17" are nightmare traction wise; especially in NJ weather. Months ago I had this very HOT discussion with BEELZ where he almost drove me to hell in a convertible BMW, and yes BEELZIBUB was the driver !!
regards
billb

#8 ·
Originally posted by billB+Nov 9 2004, 09:02 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(billB @ Nov 9 2004, 09:02 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by WindowPro@Nov 8 2004, 07:41 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-billB
@Nov 7 2004, 11:03 PM
WindowsPro

This is exactly what  I have sitting in my garage. 17" with 235/45Z/R17 tires. They are OEMs and bought them from the dealer for $370 a piece plus the BMW center cap. Don't tell BeelZ I use the 15" stock with Michelin for winter while listening to the AM!

[attachmentid=14788]

Available in 18" too?

[snapback]226842[/snapback]​
Does not look these rims are going back on my car. I do use the stock/standard 15" for winter. These 17" are nightmare traction wise; especially in NJ weather. Months ago I had this very HOT discussion with BEELZ where he almost drove me to hell in a convertible BMW, and yes BEELZIBUB was the driver !!
regards
billb
[snapback]227687[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

Bill

lol ... "hell in a convertible" :D Thanks - I needed a good laugh this evening...still working. :thumbsdown -- Not too bad though, earning a little extra spending $$ to take on my first cruise -- four more days then... no cell phone, employee headaches, etc.

Let me know if are willing to part ways with the wheels. How much? These were on a 5 Series correct?

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.