BMW Werkz banner

Quickest Way For The 'works'

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  WindowPro 
#1 ·
I just want to know the fastest way to get a decent shine on any car, please point out some specifics for waxes, polishes, washes, etc.

So far, this is what I think would work...

1. Spray and wash car using convential brand name (turtle wax?) soap & suds, rinse. Dry using chamois, soft cloth.

2. Get meguirs wax & polish kit, follow directions and apply. let it dry

3. Clean windows using some invisible glass spray solutions and soft paper towels.

4. Done???

I really don't have enough time to clay the car or anything, maybe if I find a good day where I have nothing to do.

I'm looking for a 1-2 hour total time thing...

any advice is appreciated

:D

See less See more
#2 ·
Originally posted by mmzcee@Oct 31 2004, 06:42 PM
I just want to know the fastest way to get a decent shine on any car, please point out some specifics for waxes, polishes, washes, etc.

1. Spray and wash car using convential brand name (turtle wax?) soap & suds, rinse. Dry using chamois, soft cloth.

3. Clean windows using some invisible glass spray solutions and soft paper towels.

4. Done???

I really don't have enough time to clay the car or anything, maybe if I find a good day where I have nothing to do.

[snapback]221906[/snapback]​
Well if your car is in decent shape to start with, you may want to opt for Meg's NXT. It has mild cleaners in it, and has been know to appear to fill very small swirls on certain colors. If you feel the need to brighten the paint up, then, yes, your going to need to polish it out. Get a bottle of Meg's #9, or Mothers Paint cleaner, have plenty of microfiber towels, and go to town, You should be able to get it done in a couple hrs. Dont polish and leave the surface exposed though. If you dont have at least 2 hrs, forget it. Do it another time.

#4 ·
I use Autoglym silicone wax. It is very quick to apply and comes off very easily once dry. After I have removed all the dried wax I use the cloth I removed it with (now impregnated with dried wax) to go over the side and rear windows. It makes them shine like the rest of the car. I sometimes do the windscreen too but not often as it can cause trouble with the wipers.

#5 ·
Originally posted by mmzcee@Oct 31 2004, 09:42 PM

4. Done???

[snapback]221906[/snapback]​
I used Meg. NXT on my L.R. Disco over the weekend ... very nice results. Check out the attached images.
Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.