BMW Werkz banner

Raced Sti And A Ricer...

5K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  catalyst. 
#1 ·
So this morning i get in my car and take off to school wishing i had my sti. Me and my bro were chatting about rally races and such when he says thats a cool lookin car... And i notice its a 2004 WR Blue STi... Lemme tell you something wierd about driving to school... I drive the opposite way that the working crowd drives so pretty much everyone driving around me is driving to or taking someone to school... and coincidentially it was the father of my brothers friend... heh. So i pass him at 60 or so and he doesn't budge.... YAWN... I slow down and drive next to him when this MORON/LOSER/RICER in a new black korean car (kia or some shit) with a gay exhaust... flys by me and takes the sti's spot next to me at the red light.... way to ruin it ASSHOLE... so he races me... i walk him (yes score) and the sti is RIGHT behind me at 80mph so i signal him to pass me and he gets in the other lane (i can hear the exhaust whining - actually sounded awesome) but... he was'nt pulling on me :goodness:

WHAT!? did he give up? nooooooooooooooo we were still climbing to 90 then 100... what the hell? the sti not gaining on me at all... so i put on the brakes cuz it was gettin a little scary... then the sti pulls behind me (we had to turn right at the light) and i hear this GAY exhaust fly by me and pull ahead of me and the sti...

anyways what the fuck? i know for a fact the STi should of killed me... maybe he was in a higher gear...? oh well he suprised the shit out of me when he was on my bumper at 80mph... so fun

oh well i want an STi DAMNIT

See less See more
#3 ·
btw the sti is too quiet... it needs to be a lot louder... even at WOT you can't hear the engine that much and the exhaust is silenced...

(i know this cuz i test drove one and saw one this morning so ya f' you)

#4 ·
Originally posted by skawful@Oct 20 2004, 04:10 PM
btw the sti is too quiet... it needs to be a lot louder... even at WOT you can't hear the engine that much and the exhaust is silenced...

(i know this cuz i test drove one and saw one this morning so ya f' you)
[snapback]214977[/snapback]​
No doubt. I doubt many that buy the STi will leave the stock restrictive exhaust for too long. I LOVE the sound of a boxer 4 with exhaust.

#5 ·
Originally posted by LandoAWD@Oct 20 2004, 02:08 PM
He could have been pacing you. I do that to slower cars, but usually grace them with a view of the tails somewhere shortly after.

Hell, it could have been alot of things. :shrug:
[snapback]214975[/snapback]​
your prolly right... i know how fast the sti is and it hauls to 60... maybe the high speed acceleration isn't much more than my chipped 325? or maybe he was "pacing me" - which doesn't make sense... i paced him so he could race me fairly...? not so we could look at each others cars lol.... but i do pace cars so i don't get a ticket but thats when i'm not pushing it... hmmm oh well it was really fun and i bet the STi will be a great car... the handling is so different than my 325 and the acceleration is just amazing...

actually every 4 cyl car i've driven had hooorrible high speed acceleration... could that of been it? and bimmers have quite nice hi-speed accell... or he just didn't want to get a ticket... oh well it was exciting

#6 ·
he was toying with you. u coulda blown you outta the water.

#8 ·
Originally posted by Hoppy's535i@Oct 20 2004, 03:37 PM
he was toying with you. u coulda blown you outta the water.
[snapback]215037[/snapback]​
whats the point of toying with someone when your not even - even with them?
he was behind me the whole time up to 100-105

but ya i know what your saying... just kinda dissapointed me that he didn't rock me like i wanted him to...

#11 ·
i love toying round with cars. i followed a jag XJ6 for miles spending most of the time behid him then hed speed up and id pull up next to him. whether he thought i was playing, or a psycho ha ha

#12 ·
STI'S are quick indeed, but there not that much faster than a manual 325, I guess that your car is manual? and its chipped, a standard STI does a 400 in about 13.7 doesn't it? a manual 325 could pull that!, theres no doubt that he could have had a piss on the side walk get bac in his car and blow you away while your left behind thinking WTF? but wit a little work to your 325 which I guess you have done? I don't think that he would have that much pull at all. hmmm I have seen 328is's blow sti's all the time on the street, the previous shape that is!, I wouldn't know what mods they had but I have seen it more than once, my 328is can keep up wit a EVO not in a straight line but I soon catch him up in the curves, and its not like he blows me that much 0-100km'h infact I would say that once I get to 80km'h I am goin a heck of alot faster than him and by 160km I can pass him not walk over him but foot by mere foot, and it gets alot easyer the faster you go,

conclusion I think if your talking about 80-100m'h he would of had to change probably down a gear to get the boost up while your six would have had the tourqe to match his hungrey horse boost. therfore there really wouldn't be much in it "I" don't think at those speeds!

Nice kill anyways,

#13 ·
Originally posted by rmxpete@Oct 22 2004, 01:27 AM
STI'S are quick indeed, but there not that much faster than a manual 325, I guess that your car is manual? and its chipped, a standard STI does a 400 in about 13.7 doesn't it? a manual 325 could pull that!, theres no doubt that he could have had a piss on the side walk get bac in his car and blow you away while your left behind thinking WTF? but wit a little work to your 325 which I guess you have done? I don't think that he would have that much pull at all. hmmm I have seen 328is's blow sti's all the time on the street, the previous shape that is!, I wouldn't know what mods they had but I have seen it more than once, my 328is can keep up wit a EVO not in a straight line but I soon catch him up in the curves, and its not like he blows me that much 0-100km'h infact I would say that once I get to 80km'h I am goin a heck of alot faster than him and by 160km I can pass him not walk over him but foot by mere foot, and it gets alot easyer the faster you go,

conclusion I think if your talking about 80-100m'h he would of had to change probably down a gear to get the boost up while your six would have had the tourqe to match his hungrey horse boost. therfore there really wouldn't be much in it "I" don't think at those speeds!

Nice kill anyways,
[snapback]216029[/snapback]​
noonononoon first of all we have to throw out 1/4 mile times here... this was a HIGH SPEED race (if it was a race at all)

75-80 to 105-110

The STi (2004) does the qm in 13.2 seconds
my 325 does it in like 14.8 seconds
BUTTTT my car has been chipped
and my car was designed for the autobahn... but still that doesn't mean that it should of taken the STi AT ALL!
oh well...

#14 ·
You all seem to be going on aboout how fast a non bmw is!!! Please see the post entitled "A 199x Dodge Neon Wiped Out Trying To Diss Me!, The Dodge Neon vs. the BMW 318i!!!" And you'll see that I was totally flamed for pointing out that not all non bmw's are slow peices of shit. In fact perhaps you could go over there and point oput exactly where I was derogotory to BMW's (Apart from the 318i bits - just to piss delmarco off)

#15 ·
well, few things...

it was early morning, car still could have been somewhat cold and maybe he didn't want to push it hard until the oil really got flowing.

you said it was an older guy with his kid in the car...maybe he didn't want to make it seem like he condoned (SP?) street racing.

also, maybe he just really didn't give a shit. he just liked the idea of cruising fast. I mean 100-110 really isn't THAT quick for the STi. I mean it is most def. fast, but not obsurd speed, so maybe he just felt like cruising.

I mean STi's are super powerful. He could have been in sixth the whole time and not felt like or needed to shift down and get the revs up. If he had downshifted he probably would have :sprint:

either way, nice kill on the ghey ricer :rock

#16 ·
Hahahaha I know what you guys mean. I got fucked really bad by Evo and STI. They had their way with me. I don't care because they are my friends and I can drive their car anytime I ask them to, but as for that fucking moron that said he can hang to the Evo and especially in turns, he is a dumb liar. Evo will rape any car in turn including Lambos....So for him to say that he can hang with them he is a fucking liar......... I have a 2004 M3 and I hardly keep up to fucking Light modded SRT-4s. People be realistic when you post shit up and don't be a sore looser. I loose but I am a man about it.

#17 ·
Originally posted by Cet_euro@Dec 10 2004, 03:44 PM
Hahahaha I know what you guys mean. I got fucked really bad by Evo and STI. They had their way with me. I don't care because they are my friends and I can drive their car anytime I ask them to, but as for that fucking moron that said he can hang to the Evo and especially in turns, he is a dumb liar. Evo will rape any car in turn including Lambos....So for him to say that he can hang with them he is a fucking liar......... I have a 2004 M3 and I hardly keep up to fucking Light modded SRT-4s. People be realistic when you post shit up and don't be a sore looser. I loose but I am a man about it.
[snapback]247533[/snapback]​
who are you talking about lol?

maybe you should be more specific :D

#18 ·
Originally posted by Cet_euro@Dec 10 2004, 03:44 PM
[snapback]247533[/snapback]​
maybe its because im steamed right now, but enliten us, who the hell are you? yes the evo ran a better sololm than the Lambo but i would hardly say that it could beat a lambo in the twisties. evos are nice, i want one.

#19 ·
AMMMMM Evo just smoke twin turbo Viper and lambo and all of that. Go and look at the 10,000 HP shoot out. Please don't talk if you don't know shit. The Fq-400 Evo is Available in UK and let me tell you something. Zonda and the new Carrera has a tough time just to keep up and it's only a 400 WHP Car for about 4k cheaper then my fucking M3. When I went to the track there where some freaking 20 year old kids running circles around everyone there. I seen a race where the Puma team from Japan had their way with Lambo. The lambohad maybe 300 HP more than the Evo and it lost by about 5 sec. So don't come here and tell me other wise. I do my research do you? It will be the last time that I will ever in my life buy another European shit box. Yes I am getting rid of this curse BMW M3 ohhh oh no the Germans are going to get me. Oh I'm so scared I got rapped when I paid for this car ohhhh on no but you got to think about the Germans...... Well anyways I am done with them...........

You can suck my dick if you don't like what I said....

#21 ·
Originally posted by Cet_euro@Dec 10 2004, 11:26 PM
AMMMMM   Evo just smoke twin turbo Viper and lambo and all of that.  Go and look at the 10,000 HP shoot out.  Please don't talk if you don't know shit.  The Fq-400 Evo is Available in UK and let me tell you something.  Zonda and the new Carrera has a tough time just to keep up and it's only a 400 WHP Car for about 4k cheaper then my fucking M3.  When I went to the track there where some freaking 20 year old kids running circles around everyone there.  I seen a race where the Puma team from Japan had their way with Lambo.  The lambohad maybe 300 HP more than the Evo and it lost by about 5 sec.  So don't come here and tell me other wise.  I do my research do you?  It will be the last time that I will ever in my life buy another European shit box.  Yes I am getting rid of this curse BMW M3 ohhh oh no the Germans are going to get me.  Oh I'm so scared I got rapped when I paid for this car ohhhh on no but you got to think about the Germans...... Well anyways I am done with them...........

You can suck my dick if you don't like what I said....
[snapback]247790[/snapback]​
really 10,000 hp? your "research" is hardly scientific. seeing something at a track wich you have no proof of, doesnt count as reaserch to me. and we care that your selling you m3 why?

just go back to your evo forums, cause im willing to bet you are just a troll coming here to start shit.

oh yeah, we have yet another E badass on our hands. it seems the smell of thier dead attracts more. we get rid of one, and two more come.

#22 ·
Ummm.... Don't you guys know that the sti is geared for 1/4 mile type acceleration? Once it hits 100 it loses acceleration power like a mofo....

#23 ·
A couple things could have contributed to you winning..

The sti is AWD.. which makes it very easy to get from 0-60, even if you have no driving experiance, because traction is not a problem, but AWD is not good for high speed acceleration because the power is split four ways. RWD in your 325 is much better for high speed accleration because the power goes straight to the rear wheels, only being split two ways.

Actually rwd is actually better for 0-60 as well, IF you know how to use it and not have traction problems. Dont doubt your 325 man, they are not slow cars :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.