BMW Werkz banner

What Do Ya Think?

1K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  2001BMW330iRob 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Originally posted by Speedy-325is@Oct 21 2004, 04:45 PM
is that YOURS!!!! im so so sorry....if its not, run away from it and run fast.

Mark
[snapback]215717[/snapback]​

hahaha... not mine! thank goodness right?
but i need a bmw in an accident already... for cheap... to get fixed... for cheap!
so sad right? being only 16 and making 7 bucks an hour isn't getting me very far in life...

#5 ·
Originally posted by bmwcutie+Oct 21 2004, 04:50 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bmwcutie @ Oct 21 2004, 04:50 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Speedy-325is@Oct 21 2004, 04:45 PM
is that YOURS!!!!  im so so sorry....if its not, run away from it and run fast.

Mark
[snapback]215717[/snapback]​

hahaha... not mine! thank goodness right?
but i need a bmw in an accident already... for cheap... to get fixed... for cheap!
so sad right? being only 16 and making 7 bucks an hour isn't getting me very far in life...
[snapback]215723[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

Why do you own a BMW if you only make 7 bucks an hours?

#6 ·
First off, you should't even consider buying a BMW with a salvage title. When cars are considered totalled, it means that it will cost more to fix the car than it is actually worth. Judging by those pics, there could be a considerable amount of frame damage. Even if you do buy it and fix it, it will never perform and drive as well as it should. Not to mention that you will have a very hard time selling it with a salvage title and won't get much for it. And how could you even buy a car for over $10,000 making $7 an hour. You may be able to finance it, but you would have to pay for the repairs in full when you get them done. My father owns a bodyshop so I am familiar with costs to repair. Looking at the pictures indicates at least $8,000 to $10,000 in damages. I don't think this one is a good idea to buy. But that's just my 2 cents. Good luck!

#10 ·
NO FREAKIN WAY.. haha lol, there is a reason its totalled, and 10 grand!?!?!? MAN NO WAY!

a car that is hit from the rear quarter panel is one of the worst hits.
#1. that piece cannot be replaced, or atleast easily. In order for it to be replaced, it must be cut out of the car, and a new one must be welded in.

#2. What the person who is going to fix it will do is pull it out, and then put some bondo or whatever, sand it, and then paint it, so it will NEVER be perfect.

if u were actually considering buying it, that means u have 10 grand.. for 10 grand u can get a BMW, maybe not an 01.. but man..

#11 ·
Listen, BMW's can take a huge hit in the back with only a scuff on the bumper.
It happened to me.
Someone rear-ended me...I thought the damage was going to be huge.
When I got out of the car it took a while before I even found the scuff on the bumper...Any other car would have caved in the back.

NOW that car must have been hit at 60 to 80 mph from behind with the bmw standing still.
Massive hit...Unless you know a good body shop that a close friend owns and can do a good job cheap I would run too.
Looks like a money pit or else it would have been fixed already.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.