BMW Werkz banner

E39 528i Sport Engine Trouble

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  qualitydobbers 
#1 ·
Had some problems with starting my 528i up last night after it had been left stood for an hour whilst I had a session in the gym. It's only the second time it's happened since i've had the car in a couple of months but what seems to happen is that the engine takes a while to turn over after it has been used and then left stood for a short while (usually around an hour) and when it is eventually running, it kind of stutters as it's accelerating and seems to mis-fire, not running at full power. Also, when the revs drop whilst i'm driving at low speeds, the engine just cuts out.
Just wondered whether anyone else had experienced similar problems with their motors? I undertand that, after reading on the parkers website, some of the earlier 2.8 engines had problems with sticky valves although mine is a 1999 model 528i Sport and wouldn't really be classed as an early E39 so is it something else?
Any advice is much appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.