BMW Werkz banner

95- 540 V8 Engine

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Saggis 
#1 ·
A friends father has got a -95 540 E34 and wants to sell it...im mostly intrested in the engine since my car is in better exterior condition since it hasnt been lving here in sweden for some years which his has...anyway
this engine has like about 20k km on it...is it worth getting? or is it in its last days of life?

#3 ·
haha yeah i meant offcourse 200km
yeah i got that too from a guy who told me that u cant fit the 540 engine into the 520 since it had a different engine room...but still wondering since i might buy the 540 and just keep the engine and front:p

#4 ·
Well if you take the 540, a lot of components are directly interchangeable between the two as far as body and interior, but most suspension components wont fit. The 540 has the added weight of the v8, so it has a different suspension set up.

It could get really expensive to get a 540 with 200k km and try to bring it back up to like-new condition.

I faced this same problem a while ago (swap engine or what?) and decided its best to either just sell mine and get a 540 or live with the weak little m20.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.