BMW Werkz banner

I Need A Referee!!!!!!

915 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Bear 
#1 ·
Okay, I made a stupid error - in a panic, I jacked up my '88 e30 with a hydraulic jack under the control arm. It was under one of the bolts, but it still wrong. I know, I know...
So, when I got in and drove away. the steering wheel was about 150 deg. off. It drove strange, and I figured it was in need of attention etc.
I took it to a friend's tire/oil place and he reported: "you hit something, hit it hard. there is no way that this was cuased by jacking it up. the wheel is cambered in at the top. You need a new strut. Bending the c-arm would have it cambered the other way". He was insistant that I needed a new strut.
Well, I didn't hit anything. It was done by my stupid error.
I then talked to a BMW repair/parts place. They said that there is no way that you could bend the strut by jacking it up. He said that it was probably the c-arm. But it appears that the result is not from a bad c-arm.

Question: could I have damaged the strut mount at the top - so that it is causing the wheel to camber like it is.

Oh thank you somebody out there!!!!1

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.