BMW Werkz banner

1995 M3 Obd1 Vs 1996+ M3 Obd2

6K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  RJ'sE36ITS 
#1 ·
Ok, what would be your opinions for which would be the slightly superior car.

The 95' M OBD1 3.0L

The 96' M OBD2 3.2L

The 95' have a more tight and agressive steering to it ( Steering ratio is slightly different )

But the 96+ have much .2 more Liters.... opinions????? note that there are many factors in mods.

#2 ·
Yes... I look at it this way... if you mod the two cars the same... usual mods.. intake.. exhaust... chip...

You get pretty much the same car... the only way the OBD 1 comes in to play is when you start to do major changes.. such as a new fuel system... many stand alone systems... its hard to trick a OBD 2 system... you cant do so much without messing with other things...

You lack a little torque out of the 95 but besides that... unless your doing major things.. they are mostly the same.

Les

#3 ·
Ya exactly what I was thinking. I would rather have basic mods like those anyway. I dont to really do anything harse such as forced induction. So I think im probly gonna get a 96+ ( 98 or 99 is what im aiming for ) I want the low miles. But hey if I end up doing major stuff, I can always get the conversion :D. Because If I spend that much money on major mods, might as well convert it eh? Arg been saving up for an M for 3 years so far. I plan to pay CASHHH!!! hehe, or maybe a big down payment. :)

#4 ·
Originally posted by BMWGuy325i@Oct 3 2004, 11:06 PM
Ya exactly what I was thinking. I would rather have basic mods like those anyway. I dont to really do anything harse such as forced induction. So I think im probly gonna get a 96+ ( 98 or 99 is what im aiming for ) I want the low miles. But hey if I end up doing major stuff, I can always get the conversion :D. Because If I spend that much money on major mods, might as well convert it eh? Arg been saving up for an M for 3 years so far. I plan to pay CASHHH!!! hehe, or maybe a big down payment. :)
[snapback]204328[/snapback]​
Paying cash.. and lots of it for a down payment.. helps tons when it comes to monthly payment... good luck.. its well worth it...

Les

#7 ·
1993 thru 1995, cast iron block :rock

1996 on, aluminum block :sick

.......................................................................................................

1996 on, people pay thousands of dollars to do the conv. to OBD I

1995 cheaper parts.

.......................................................................................................

1996 on, cool gajets :bimmer

1995 a lot of potencial :bow

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.