BMW Werkz banner

Need your help please

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  timmay_lars 
#1 ·
So i came home from work, turn on my car and crap... my car works like a tractor, feels like one cylinder doesn't work. Car is shaky and doesn't accelerate.Engine light is on. I have RD cold intake, so i took it off. Same thing. It's a new car it has 17 k miles on it.
What should this be, and should i drive it to a dealer like this or get

#7 ·
I had a similar problem with my car about a moth ago. The car was sluggish and the steptronic started in emergency mode like something had happened. I took it in and the Mech told me that the battery had a bad cell and that they had replaced it . When the car was cranked with the bad battery it was not getting enough power and the ECM put the car in basically energy saver mode. :dunno I do not know if this will help but a battery is a lot cheaper than full blown engine work.

#9 ·
Dinan is the only way to go for those types of upgrades, they test every config and that's why they are the only BMW authorized custom.

With Dinan if you upgrade to a free-flow cold intake they require a 'software' upgrade to your engine. I'm assuming you didn't change any of the software and you are having issues based on that.

Timmay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.