BMW Werkz banner

325 ix, what's not to love?

3K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  BMW Lover 
G
#1 ·
greetings,

I have aline on a 1989 325 ix, what's not to love? It has hight miles, so I have to be carefull of that, but otherwise, what do you know about them?

Thanks in advance,

Eric Mosher
Champaign Illinois

#5 ·
i dont own an iX but they seem badass because of the 4wd but did bmw do it well? i didnt think the iX were too popular...howcome?

#10 ·
I also have a 1989 325iX... it's great... I had some misfortune with mine but it's all up and running now. I'd say that the X isn't as good as the new X-systems in the new X-series SUV's but for it's day it was one of the better AWD systems. The car handles awesome because of it and the 'wider-then-most' cars in it's class it has stabilitry in the corners. I've been iching to take mine to the AutoX at the speedway but there's snow staring here so I think the racing season is drawing to a close.

I wouldn't trade mine for anything... well maybe for an M5!!

Preston
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

#11 ·
Originally posted by All wheels rolling@Sep 9 2004, 12:05 PM
I also have a 1989 325iX... it's great... I had some misfortune with mine but it's all up and running now. I'd say that the X isn't as good as the new X-systems in the new X-series SUV's but for it's day it was one of the better AWD systems. The car handles awesome because of it and the 'wider-then-most' cars in it's class it has stabilitry in the corners. I've been iching to take mine to the AutoX at the speedway but there's snow staring here so I think the racing season is drawing to a close.

I wouldn't trade mine for anything... well maybe for an M5!!

Preston
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Snow already? Crazy Canadians. :p

#13 ·
are the iX cars more rare? like were they produced in low #'s?

#14 ·
Originally posted by Slvr E30iS@Sep 11 2004, 05:59 PM
are the iX cars more rare? like were they produced in low #'s?
much lower numbers and most of them are dead due to the cost of repairs ETC...therefore they are worth a lot more i have checked out a few but i just dont know if i wanna lose that much power in the drivetrain...though it is nice i go up through the snow a lot in the winter...i would love to pick one up like this beautiful Alpine white iX but lets be real i could get a mint e30 M3 for $1200 more that price

#15 ·
are all the iX models 4dr? that was really clean btw the white one...man thats sick! but that m3 also is awesome

#17 ·
Everything you need to know abuout the ix can be found at this link..

http://home.earthlink.net/~hainesinutah/iX/

Yes they made a 2 door(I have one). I would like to see the 5 door model. I'm asuming thats a hatchback? :confused Anyone got pic?

Attachments

#18 ·
Originally posted by Trob@Sep 13 2004, 08:49 AM
Everything you need to know abuout the ix can be found at this link..

Yes they made a 2 door(I have one). I would like to see the 5 door model. I'm asuming thats a hatchback? :confused Anyone got pic?
Well that link must of not been everything you need to know as here is one right here.
Details found here http://uk.mobile.de/SIDgEJWQAA4Dx36oayuvkU...11111144036357&

or here is a list of 26 of them

http://uk.mobile.de/SIDRAyNaIMA9NHVhvGOX6O...eich=pkw&top=0&

A touring is a fancy word for wagon. There were no hatchback E30 unlike the E36 which had the 318is and that was part E30 part E36.

#19 ·
With all E30s watch out for rust around the rear fender where it attaches to the chassis. Also doors can rust from the inside out.

In addition to the CV joints watch out for the power steering fluid leaking from the steering rack. This is very expensive to replace. Other than that they are great cars. Most replacement parts are available online quite cheaply.

#20 ·
damn i wan a 325iX now!!! 2 dr 5spd...ahh so sexy it wuld be awesome...thanks for the lesson on the iX models guys :D

#21 ·
I certanly love mine! :D I would like to drive another e30 with the same engine. I hear people talking about the lack of power in the ix because of the all wheel drive...but it gets up and scoots to me! Maybe the Automatics are bad but I have a 5 speed.

#22 ·
is it the m20 engine??? or another brilliant bmw engine :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.