BMW Werkz banner

First week with new car

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  billB 
#1 ·
Few things I can't seem to find answers to as my car did not come with a manual. Working on getting one. The car seems to beep every 30 to 60 seconds once it has been locked. Not sure what's causing it. Secondly, can anyone tell me what those 3 green dash shaped lights are that illuminate under the drive gears when the car is first started? Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
When you say beeped, do you mean the alarm system?

The green lights are your service indicators. They'll slowly count down until a yellow one comes on and then a red, telling you that the car is due for it's next service. You can read more about those lights once you get your owners manual.

#8 ·
It has to be an aftermarket alarm... Never seen/heard a BMW beeping once the alarm is set!
You have a cople of options, find out the type of alarm you have (most likely you'll have to go the dealer). The alarm itself is mounted underneath the rear tire, passanger side. You'll have to remove the tire to access it.
The other option is to remove the fuse (I can find out which one later on).. I believe the alarm sound won't work but the LED light underneath your rear view mirror will still blink...

LOS

#10 ·
Black 528

One more question: you press the round to lock you get a beep-normal
you press the arrow to unlock you get a beep- normal

The question is : the occasional beep. I am not clear on- A. IS IT THE SAME BEEP LIKE ABOVE? OR B. DOES IT SOUND LIKE THE ALARM ITSELF GOING OFF FOR A COUPLE OF SECONDS? THAT IS AFTER ARMING.

For B. above let us try this:
1. press the round one to arm...red light under rearview will start blinking.
2. While watching the red light press the round one again- red light will pause blinking
3. Press the round one for a second time- red light will pause again. (lock plus two pauses)
doing so will disable the motion sensor on the alarm. Info. in the manual also the same result cab be achieved if you lock the door with the key. after locking turn the key twice all the way. the red light will pause also twice.

Another remote possibility (in my case) the alram will go off when battery gets old. I guess drop in voltages/amps etc.

keep in mind BMWs don't beep for the heck of it when equipped with its original stuff!!!
regards
bill

#11 ·
LOL so that's what the red light is at the bottom of the rear view mirror. It's burned out and I couldn't figure out what it might be. I think it could be the battery. Still has the original factory battery in the trunk. The beeps has stopped for the most part. Still get about 10 a night. It is definitely the same beep as when the car is locked and unlocked.

Thanks for all the info.

#12 ·
Black 528

you may think it is the light that is burned out; but also it can be the alarm system itself telling you something else: no light may well means malfunctioning alarm i.e no signal, no communication with a good red light bulb, bad key programming etc etc..check both out
good luck
billb

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.