BMW Werkz banner

Finally happened

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  brosnan6 
#1 ·
73 in a 55. THe funny thing is, the cop didn't get me, he got the car in front of me in the passing lane. I was going 90, not 73, wasn't about to argue about it though.

I'll probably write a letter to the DA and see if I can get it reduced. Pay the speeding ticket fine, but not get any points on my license. That's always worked for my friends. My exgirlfriend has gotten a ticket a year since I've known her. She always writes a letter to the DA and ends up paying the fine, but is charged for a parking ticket instead of a speeding ticket.

#2 ·
Haha, that sux... Those popo's haent gotten me yet :p

#4 ·
My friends do it all the time. You write a letter to the local DA where you got the ticket. Make up some excuse about how you didn't mean to speed, you'll never do it again, blah blah blah. Usually, they DA will re-grade the ticket as a parking ticket, but still make you pay the speeding ticket fine.

Everyone wins. The state gets your money, but you don't get any points, and your insurance doesn't go up.

#5 ·
Originally posted by wulley1@Sep 1 2004, 10:08 PM
Everyone wins. The state gets your money, but you don't get any points, and your insurance doesn't go up.
Here.....we have a diversion plan....if you get pulled over for doing less than 15 over......and don't get pulled over or stopped by another cop for 7 months after the night of your incident that you got pulled over and ticketed....they don't put it on your record...and the insurance doesn't know about it. That's what I did anyway. :)

But there is a downside....while on your 7 month diversion....if you get pulled over and ticketed....you have to pay your 1st ticket fine, and the 2nd ticket fine....and the money that you pay to the diversion offices....in place of the 1st ticket...you don't get back.....but then again....I don't own a BMW. :nope So it has to be like 10 times harder....anywho.

#9 ·
Originally posted by bitcore+Sep 2 2004, 09:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bitcore @ Sep 2 2004, 09:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Torque@Sep 2 2004, 07:36 PM
me and a 735i were going side by side at 70 in a 45 today.
... Oh My God :D

I've had 6 or 7 tickets already, I'm 19 and got my car a year ago. I pay this badass lawyer to take care of them for me. Poof, All gone :D [/b][/quote]
oh your god... i don't like it when people say that. i am officially ignoring you for the next 8 days along with ~Teg~. :pissed2

#10 ·
some one should try this in america or some other country!,
when you get a speeding ticket pay the full amount plus 5 cents!, that means that you have over paid them "ofcourse by mistake" so they send you a check in the mail with your five cents now they don't deduct any points until that check has been cashed!!! in NZ they don't deduct points from you unless there computer sees that you have cashed the refund! don't ask me why I have know idea must be somthing to do with the law dunno? but it works every time! although haven't had any tickets for ages!

just don't get greedy and cash all the checks :p

#12 ·
You're not 18 yet though, right? In Little Rock, anyone under 18 was required to go to court, where you had to say im sorry, and got probation.

#13 ·
Originally posted by El Presidente@Sep 3 2004, 10:44 AM
You're not 18 yet though, right? In Little Rock, anyone under 18 was required to go to court, where you had to say im sorry, and got probation.
17. And yes, same law applies here, but for the recent ticket, the court date is past my 18th bday (November 8th).

#14 ·
Shouldn't matter. You were considered a minor at the time, and will be treated as a minor. You can also call the court and see if you can move the court date up to ensure that you are.

#15 ·
OT, but last night I don't think I played the with the Low pass frequency crossover. Turning that up should also give you more bass.

#16 ·
Originally posted by komodo9+Sep 3 2004, 10:48 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (komodo9 @ Sep 3 2004, 10:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-El Presidente@Sep 3 2004, 10:44 AM
17. And yes, same law applies here, but for the recent ticket, the court date is past my 18th bday (November 8th). [/b][/quote]
So is your birthday Nov 8 or the court date? Im 18 on the 4th :rock

Day after the election...now i gotta wait 4 more years...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.