BMW Werkz banner

Bmw Brake Squek Or something is squeking

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  bitcore 
#1 ·
hey
when i drive after a while and some braking.
like when im in a parking lot just gion straight at low speed , doesnt make diffrence if its in gear or not i hear like brake squeks but im not braking
when i pull the ebrake a little up i hear it louder. i use ebrake sometimes i mean i used it alot when i bought my car. now it feels like it doesnt work to well
is it possible to be my rear brakes ?

#2 ·
Sounds like your e-brake is little jammed. Does your car jerk to one side when you use the e-brake? Try parking up hill and use the e-brake, if it starts to roll then you know for sure your e-brake is not working. You can adjust it if nothing else is wrong with it, hopefully you have no hold down pins that are broken. Two months ago, my hold down pin was broken for the driver side and kept making noise when I use to drive. I thought it was the rims and after carefull inspection, it turned out to be the hold down pin. Not an expensive fix if you can do it your self. You can buy the entire kit from BMW for like $20. If you need to tighten the cable for your e-brake, here is a link to help guide you....
http://www.pelicanparts.com/bmw/techarticl..._Adjustment.htm
Hope this helps...

#6 ·
mine do this sometimes and I have to like.... re-seat them or somthing.

Roll the car backwards, like, put the car in neutral, open the door, and push the car backwards with your foot. Get it moving at about 2-3 mph. Jam the e-brake to a stop. Don't roll the car too fast where you'd skidd, just fast enough to make the back end suspinsion raise up a few inches.
This stops the sqeeking noise for a while untill I use the ebrake again.

Better solution would be to actually fix the problem... not just use a solution to shut it up :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.