BMW Werkz banner

Unichip or Conforti chip??????????

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  frank3 
#1 ·
Ok... I have a 535iSE and am booked in to have a Unichip fitted and have been made aware of another chip... Conforti. My question is which is better? I'm told that the Unichip will give me aprox 35 horsees where as the Conforti claims to give 43 horsees, a rise in rev limit and removes the top end limit. I would have to import the Conforti and it appears to be cheaper AND I don't know whether it comes pre-mapped or not, in fact I know very little about it. What do I do????????? Has anyone out there tried and tested these 2 chips??????

#2 ·
I think you may want to do more homework before you have a chip fitted. You'll also want to check out Dinan chips. Search posts (across all forums) as there's plenty of discussion...including bringing into question the true hp increase these chips provide, the impacts on the engine longevity, gas mileage, and certainly the need to run a high octane gas (depending on your model, you may not need to run high octane now).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.