BMW Werkz banner

Acid rain?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Silver4evr 
#1 ·
Hi there,

My car has some marks on the windshield and other glass areas, which looks just like the marks left by a car cover. (You know what marks a wet car cover leaves after it's taken off) It's the mark of some liquid just going down on the glass, and it's not tree sap as it's on 6 glass areas, hence my suspicion it could be acid rain?

I tried all kinda glass cleaner, buffing compound, you name it. This is not bird droppings either, although it looks like a 1000 pound bird didn't like it's reflection on any of my windows.

Please help, this is getting on my nerves now. :help

#2 · (Edited)
Wow polish didn't get it off????
Ok try some rubbing alcohol and distilled water 50/50 mix. If that doesn't help get some detailing clay. It that doesn't help try some "bon ami", if that doesn't work. Break all the glass and have the insurance replace them,. (Just kidding)
With all the steps you have done and the few I have added I am SURE your glass will be clean. It might take a few times of clay, alcohol/water mix and more polish, but it will come off.
If you could post a picture it might help.
Oh there is "glass Polish" like But if the above steps wont take it off, I dought these will. But once you DO get them clean these two products make the glass "Sparkle" like no other glass polish I have used.
Jon

#4 ·
Try Gel-gloss from Home Depot.
It works great and will leave your windows as smooth as silk. The water will sheet off, no need to use your wipers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.