BMW Werkz banner

The 700hp plan

4K views 40 replies 26 participants last post by  Eggrolled211 
#1 ·
ok this is what i want to do i am going to leave out details because i t would be liek 5 pages long but here it goes

700hp or more engine

M5 V8 bored out then lower the compression to make it more turbo applicable
2 big turbos that come on at like around 3-4k rpm hopefully pushing around 35psi of boost or more most likly this will produce more than 700hp as i have read up on this. maybe superchargers to help with low end this would not eliminate the turbos

Daily driving and racing

i want a boost controller that runs like a 5psi boost when driving and 35 when racing this can be done i have seen it. then i will run a little lean when driving to cut on power and fuel economey. i will need a new fuel management system so i can change this around.

Getting the power to the ground

a couple places make custom transmissions but are mainly specilize in other brands. i found a 6 speed with a really high 6 gear but most likly i will rip the trans to shreads so i will either custom make one or reinforce it.

new axle

brembo big brake kit

new drive shaft and diffreential most likly have the gearing done custom

as far as areodynamics go i am going to try to look at the gt class lemans cars and see what they do and immitate them

overall goal:

to have the ultimate sleeper car

so kid in a honda pulls up and thinks he is cool cause he hgas a turbo well i open the glove compartment flipp a couple switches and open straight headers( thanks to that new thing in lounge) rev engine scare the crap out of him then race but i like to do circuit so i will try to do mostly that.

i want the car to look nice but also not a full fledge racer

o yeah don't forget the NOS...

See less See more
#8 ·
Another "wish list" thread.. *sigh*

Why don't you plan something plausible you can actually afford?

I'm not hating you on :wink but it's my job to point out BS (not really). In your previous threads it seems like you could barely differentiate between a brake rotor and a clutch disc. How are you going to build a 700HP turbocharged E36?

We all have dreams, but enough is enough already. However, if and when you build this "dream" car of yours (and make it work), I'll finally respect the fact that you're not just talking out of your ass and actually learning something. Then we can all shut up and go on with our lives. :p

Bry

#9 ·
Originally posted by Autotechnica@Aug 17 2004, 08:37 PM
We all have dreams...
So leave the kid alone.

He'll learn so enough.

I wanted to be in the NBA when I was 12 but didn't stop to notice that my dad was only 5'6", my mom 5'4'. Buy hey, when reality set in, no had tell me I was "talking out of my ass" for me to learn what was really goin' on.

So I would suggest that you, as moderator, get your head out your ass and let the boys have some fun.

#10 ·
get an e39 engine, bore it out, add a supercharger, NOS it and youll have your 700 horses. Make sure u change all of the internals as well - hoses, new bottom end, etc etc etc lol. But im guessing youll need about $50k-$100k to do all of that. Have fun.

#12 ·
as far as areodynamics go i am going to try to look at the gt class lemans cars and see what they do and immitate them
if your gonna model if after a gt lemans car, its not gonna look stock, so you have no chance of being a sleeper....and at the speeds your gonne be goin, and any type of racing, your gonne need new brake pads every time you go out

but hey, dream on

#13 ·
sounds like it'll be awesome, but put it in M5 Clothes

#14 ·
Originally posted by Silver4evr+Aug 18 2004, 12:03 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Silver4evr @ Aug 18 2004, 12:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Autotechnica@Aug 17 2004, 08:37 PM
We all have dreams...
So leave the kid alone.

He'll learn so enough.

I wanted to be in the NBA when I was 12 but didn't stop to notice that my dad was only 5'6", my mom 5'4'. Buy hey, when reality set in, no had tell me I was "talking out of my ass" for me to learn what was really goin' on.

So I would suggest that you, as moderator, get your head out your ass and let the boys have some fun. [/b][/quote]
This is going way beyond having fun. There are several threads all related to different projects (posted by the same person) which are obviously complete BS. It was ok and somewhat fun the first 10 times, but now it's just getting annoying.

And as a moderator I'm doing my job filtering out "trash". This should probably belong in the off-topic sections labled "If I had a million dollars".

#15 ·
35lbs of boost? if u had 2 turbos. u would be running around 8-9psi on low. some 10 inch wide rims to put the power to the ground. more effiecent would be a 3.2liter m3 turbo, could easlier hit 600hp with a single turbo at 22psi (1.5 bar)a m3 engine can hit 15psi on stock internals.

#18 ·
Superchargers + turbochargers = melted internals. :) just give me the v8 and I'll make one for you out of paper mache`. That will be more cost effective. Also, has anyone considered that I don't think you could make 35psi at 3-4k rpms. Bigger turbos need more RPM's to come on... so if you could make 35 (if you could EVEN MAKE 35 psi.) it would be in like 4th gear. Ok, exagerated... but you wouldn't even need a boost controller, just driver around in freaking second gear. Plus all this custom work? You'd have the most high maintence street car in the world. Except I don't think you could pass emissions if you lived anyplace with them. On top of that have you considered traction issues? How are you going to keep that power on the ground? Even 10 inch wide tires will spin at that much power. And a custom differential? You'll have to get one off of like... a mac truck. Well, you'll have to get a race prepaired one at least - all this stuff is so high maintence that upkeep on the car would be in the high four, to medium five digits a YEAR. I would estimate an entire engine rehaul every 600 miles actually. Its just... Nascar engines are 800 HP v8's that get rebuilt every race. In fact, if you've got this much money, why the hell not just buy a nascar engine? It'd be easier. And you might even be able to street it longer. @_@ This just makes my brain want to die. Haha. Anyhow, sorry.

#19 ·
Any rice-aroni with a turbo will only have less than 300 honest BHp at the wheels! So why do you think you need 700 horsepower to beat them? 700 Horsepower is just a number in your brain, get real kid! :poke

There are too many accidents each year with teenagers who get too much horsepower and take out a telephone pole the first weekend. Don't be one of those fools. :thumbsdown

Realistically, to get big horsepower, build up a BMW 4.0 or 4.5 V8, or a 5.0 V12 and use 1 supercharger or 1 turbo. Putting 2 turbos, 1 supercharger and NOS in your engine bay would win you the Nobel Prize for Engineering! You could use the half million dollar cash prize to pay off the bank!!! :nana

If you can afford a V8 or V10 engine transplant and a huffer, you will beat anything you want on the street. 700 horsepower be damned! :devil

Three words kid:

START SAVING NOW!!! :p

#22 ·
here is my to do list off my palm pilot

AA Intake Priority: 1 Completed: Yes Unfiled
Smoked Corners Priority: 1 Completed: Yes Unfiled
Smoked Sidemarkers Priority: 1 Completed: Yes Unfiled
Exhaust Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Bodykit+Painting Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Under Car Neon Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Red Angel Eyes Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
New Tailights Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Strut Bar Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Rear Upper and Lower Strut Bar Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Anti Roll Bars Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
X Brace Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Blistien PSS9 Kit Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
New Grills Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Wing Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Fender Vents "possible" Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Carbon Fiber Hood and Trunk Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
BBS CH Rims Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Red Led Lights Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Xenon Interior Light Kit Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
HID Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Red Interior Neon Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Panasonic Head Unit Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Audiobahn Component Speakers Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Audiobahn Amps Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Audiobahn Liner Compression Subs Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Godzilla sub Boxes or Eqivelent Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Custom amp mounts Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Capacitors Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Alternators Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
RedTop Batterys Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Autometer amperage guages for amps and volts Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Big Brake Kit Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Guage Rings Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Carbon Fiber Interior Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Guage Pods Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Guages Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Reupholster Interior Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Wheel spacers Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Head rest Tvs Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Dvd Player Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
4point seat belt and seats Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
New Weather Stripping Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
NOS Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
M-5 Engine with race parts Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
New Transmission 6-speed "F1 possible" Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Differential Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Horn"possible" Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Radiator Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Supercharges Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Turbochargers Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Intercooler if possible Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
New Axle Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Develope car that will push engine to max but only when switched on to that position. Look at twin turbo supercharger setup or turbo nitrous setup or what ever. Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Find race shop that works on bimmers Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Intake Manifold Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Headers Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Push button start Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Ignited switchs and purge buttons pluse system Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Plasma Igniters Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Injectors and Fuel Pumps along with Oil Pump Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Ram air Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Possiblly sparco Milano seats Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Turbo Electronics Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Dress Up Engine Bay Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Steering Wheel With Buttons Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Run A 9second quarter mile Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Posssibly a race meter thing Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Fuzz Buster Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Shift Nob and ebrake handle Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Lexan windows Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Chip along with Engine Managment system Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Momo Carbon Fiber Door sill covers Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Floor mats Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Short shifter Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Pulleys Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Possibly get ride of power sterring Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
New tach and speedo if needed along with shift lights on sterring wheel or shift light on tach Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
New Throttl body along with new cams{if not included in engine} Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Alternate higher HP Nos system Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Track Pipe Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
New Speaker Grills Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Reccomend overfilling oil so there is no starvation Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
New suspenion bushing and motor mounts Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
New thing in the front of car if weatherstripping does not include this Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Fix Vibration Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
If applicable new igition wires Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Security System w/led Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Adjust camber and buy new camber kit if applicable Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
New Fuel System Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
New Oil system and cooler Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Racing clutch Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled
Bigger Throttle Body Priority: 1 Completed: No Unfiled

#23 ·
uh huh :screwy

#25 ·
that's kinda like my 5 year plan, like the old guy in big daddy, i'm gonna end up wasting so much money i won't be able to go to college and i'll have to work at hooters......never mind i'm gonna get a scholarship lol hahahahahahaha i love america :rock

#26 ·
im sorry, but did ANYONE actually take the time to read that whole list that after every single line had 1 completed no unfiled or whateveR?

dude, quit dreaming, buy a bugatti u will have 1001 hp and probably save yourself some money from the 3 hundred billion you have to spare.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.