BMW Werkz banner

Push Button Start

9K views 52 replies 8 participants last post by  El Presidente 
#1 ·
I just got home a little while ago from meeting up with El Presidente and installing his push-button start mod on my car. Works like a charm. I'm loving it. ;)

Not exactly handy since the key has to be in the ignition anyway, but it adds mad cool points. haha

*** Advertising plug for his kit ***

I'll get pics eventually. :) :cheers

#9 ·
Word. Drilled a 1/2" hole in trash can lid and walked out of Sears with a pack of razor blades in hand.

And I don't have any mastercards, only Visas.

#13 ·
share some pics of mine again (using El's kit) , the switch next to the push button is the toggle switch.
Q

Attachments

#15 ·
sorry , forgot to resize, also that aint a tampon in the pic, its a classy HAMPTON COURT CIGAR!! lol
:thumbs

#17 ·
true,

el any updates on removing steering lock ? I am out of the country , will be back on the 24th will call the dealer and ask him how much he wants for that crap. lol
Q

#21 ·
hey

ya it eliminates the need to turn the key but you still gota slide it in as the key is chipped.

el , sorry didnt see your msg, PM me when the cd comes in
thanks
Q

#24 ·
Originally posted by komodo9+Aug 17 2004, 12:31 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (komodo9 @ Aug 17 2004, 12:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-M3DUDE@Aug 17 2004, 12:29 AM
cool, i have another question though, how did you answer my question the exact second i posted it?
I am ninja. :) [/b][/quote]
yes you are, waaapow!!! :p

#25 ·
hey

well here is the deal, one in 10 times when I put the key in to start my car nothing happens but the key just keeps spinning!! then i take the key out and try again and it works. that means my lock cylinder may freeze anytime and its 600 bucks to replace it. To prevent trouble when it does freeze i did it now.

You can do it now too but it is a little pointless....umm i would not say pointless, it just depends if you want it or not. Basically if you do it now, then you cannot use the key to start the car at all, you will slide it it, turn it once to unlock the steering wheel (which we are working on getting rid off), then put on the switch which puts the car in run mode, and hold down push. its pretty cool!!

makes sense ?
Q

#26 ·
I thought 92-95 models, with the mod and keyless option, totally eliminated the key altogether (other than getting into the car), because when you take out the cylinder, and move the little clicky thing inside the lock cylinder to the 'run' position, doesn't it remove the steering lock as well? At least that's how my Merc 190 works.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.