BMW Werkz banner

325: Ci vs. i

12K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  KwlAznKid 
#1 ·
I am looking to purchase my first BMW (my first car too). I am currently trying to decide between a coupe and a sedan. Other than the sportier look of the coupe, are there other reasons that I should shell out the extra cash for the 2door?

Please excuse my ignorance if I'm missing something obvious here.

#2 ·
Well... :welcome Its good to have you...

Well if your looking for a more usable passenger car... I would go with the 4 door... not much difference besides look and door size... if you carry a lot of people on a regular basis I would get the 4 door...

Many on the other hand enjoy the 2 door because its a more sporty and race driven atmosphere within the car.

#3 ·
I chose Ci for the following reasons in Canada.

1. I like the headlight shape of the Ci.
2. Adaptive (side-to-side) Xenons only available on Ci.
3. Sportier look (lower, wider, longer).
4. Ci is marginally lighter (20kg).
5. Excuse to limit rear passengers.

So other than the sportier look of the Ci, there really is no reason for it.

#7 ·
Originally posted by Live_the_Curves@Aug 10 2004, 02:55 AM
Just wondering, all 3 series (maybe not m3) are made from the same chasis so how would the track be wider for a 2 dr compare to a 4 dr.
In fact, the Coupe doesn't share any body panels at all with the Sedan, only the door handles, side indicator repeators and BMW badges are the same.
The coupe is 17mm wider, 18mm wider, 46mm lower than the 3-series Sedan. The coupe also has a wider chrome grille, redsigned rear-view mirros, wider air intakes, more pronounced V-shape bonnet, and a more steeply raked widscreen.

#8 ·
The 2 door and 4 door are the same wheel base so the ride is similar. The 4 door can "realistically" fit 5 people the 2 door can only accomodate 4. The trunk on the 2 door is slightly wider and longer but not as high as the 4 door.

4 door resale values tend to be better as they appeal to a wider market. Smaller engines resale value better than big engines, which makes second hand big engined 3-series a bit of a bargain (if you can afford the insurance.

Whichever you buy I doubt you will be disappointed.

#9 ·
I am pretty sure that the sedans have that ugly black trim around the car and on the bumpers. With the coupes, the trim is body colored and is MUCH more appealing than black, in my opinion anyways.

Sports package coupes all the way!

#14 ·
welcome to the forum =)

haha i was jus about to make a post exactly like this.. im in almost the exact same situation as u

also.. my first bmw .. my first car also.. dunno if i should choose 4 or 2 door haha
i guess we can help each other out?
i was thinking for the 2 door at first cuz it looks much sportier.. and im assuming since its ur first car ur probably a teen like me? im 15 so i think the sporty looks fits us better but.. if u wanted to take all ur friends around the sedan would be much better since the coupe almost gives u no room in the bak row.. just some of my personal thoughts =)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.