BMW Werkz banner

Reinsure me:Hitting the curb

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  logantv88iX92is 
#1 ·
Today when i went to the bank i hit the curb while i was parking. I went up too far at around 10-20mph. I left tire marks there and power steering leaked some, but stopped soon after. Think 20mph could have messed up something down there ?

#3 ·
20 mph.. yes
10 mph.. probably
5 and below.. doubtful

#4 ·
"were you trying to drive through the wall and rob the place?"
haha, howd you know?

Hey everything seems cool and stoped leaking, you think i messed it up? I driven it about 30 mins now and dont see/hear/feel anything different. Could some internal error appear suddenly? Like if it is fine today could it be a different story in the morning?

#7 ·
get under it and see if there is visible damage to the rack and pinion and the oil pan. its hard for us to tell if its broke cause we cant see it, but if power steering fluid is leaking. . . .

how much, are u sure it wasnt oil, where was it coming from?????

go and have it looked at if you are not sure, the risk of further damage is not worth it. hope all is ok

Mark

#8 ·
I had a bad tire/wheel incident once. I was cornering and the car popped into neutral and I didn't notice. When you're used to steering with the gas, and it's not there, the just doesn't seem to turn as well.

#11 ·
I park at 10-15... dad FREAKED one day when he saw me whip into a tight space, twas funny because I do it all the time perfectly, parallel to the sidwalk, and equal distance from each car besides me. I'm just really good at parking. Parallel parking, however, I get impaitent and end up far from the curb cause I'm too lazy to go back and fourth a couple times. :p

#12 ·
and it destroyed the wheel, tire, and hubcap.

Yes, my car had hubcaps. I admit it. I have pics but their on a disk in the car right now.

That is all.

#13 ·
Everything seems fine. My power steering fluid was dripping a bit but it was not massive, and it stoped shortly after. The rack had a bit of oil around those black plastic things?(Somebody please tell me what they are called :p) Everything else thu was pretty much fine. I even drove around a bit and didnt' notice any big changes of the handling.

#15 ·
The frame? I guess it depends on luck and angle. I got T-boned in my E30 and didn't even need an alignment. No frame damage, unless you count the rocker panel. I was stopped and they were going about 20mph.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.