BMW Werkz banner

CD Changer detected NO DISCS??????

6K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  frank3 
#1 ·
Recently my Changer Detected 'NO DISCS'
last time i readjusted all the disks and it detect the CDs,
but now it does not detect it no more..

I went and bought a cd cleaner and put it in but does not fix the problem.

And idea???

no where i can get a use or new cd changer for a good deal???

thanks

#2 ·
i just got my car and it is still under warranty and the area for disc 6 was saying no disc when one was in there. I took to the dealership and they couldn't find out what the problem was, so they ordered a whole new changer under warranty. but mine was only disc 6, not all of them. best of luck.

#3 ·
What exactly is it not doing. Does the changer scan for discs (i.e. when you insert your magazine does it make noise) or does it just lock and nothin. If you got nutin', you might inspect your magazine, and if anything looks fishy, replace it.

But it may be dying a slow death, and in need of replacement as repair is not cost efective or often permenent on older changers...

#4 ·
Here's a solution that worked for me (no kidding!). 1) open the trunk 2) bang on the cd changer (hard) a couple of times.

It's worked for me and others. I did it once about 9 months ago and no problems since.

#8 ·
well, you're part way home! You may want to purchase a new magazine to hold the CDs. They sometimes get warped and that can mess things up a bit. I think they're around $25.

#9 ·
yeah, check the mag man..

#11 ·
I'm not sure of the details as to what generic magazines will fit. Let's see what the rest of the forum says...?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.