BMW Werkz banner

WTF!!

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  rmxpete 
#1 ·
Will a car run without it's O2 sensor plugged in? I was looking underneath my car today and believe I found where my o2 sensor is and it isn't plugged in! My car has been idling like shit since I did the swap a month back and it has also been dying when I really put the pedal to the floor randomly in the first 2 gears. I can't jack it up at the moment to get underneath and make sure it is that's what it is but would a car run without it's only o2 sensor plugged in?

also last night, I did some 1/4 mile racing and noticed a weird smell during racing (not my cat as it's brand new)... could this be a possible cause for the smell too? my gas mileage has been around 23-30.

#2 ·
your car probably smells funny during 1/4 mile races because you are dropping the clutch pretty fast and burning it up. :bimmer

sorry, i havnt had any problems with my O2 sensor so i cannot help there, but i thought it also helped w/emissions??????

there has been tons of "funny idle " posts recently, whats up with that? they all sound similar but turn out very different. we need to make a list of the symptoms and cures to these problems for easy refrence. i dont know how we could start it. :dunno

Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.