BMW Werkz banner

First drive after 250 hours of labor

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Le_max 
#1 ·
After working on my car like a dog this winter (the winter is just over here in canada ;) ), I finally took a drive on my Bimmer.

even thoug it has no sway bar at all (removed the stock one, was expecting some Suspension Techniques 3 weeks ago) the drive was nice. Lots of power. The LSD diff newly installed is so great... a must for evey Bimmer. My choice of spring/shock seems ok ( H&R sport / Tokico Blue ) I will have a better idea whit my sway bars installed.

One bad thing, my sub-frame bushing are way to old. I should have changed them when I was there.

One thing weird: The engine is clicking like crazy. The valve have just been ajusted. I taught it was the injectors but it make sound even when I'm volontarily braking with the compression of the engine (the injector are "off" at that time)
What could it be? it sounds like valves clicking. I will ajust them again this week end. What else could it be?

#3 ·
Full suspension rebuild, front and rear.
Repaired the floor, the wheel pit, timing belt, oil pan gasket, replaced injectors, lots of electrical problem solved, changed prestone, motor oil, tranny oil, diff oil, brake fluid, PS fluid. Replaced and panted all calipers, relocated the ABS pump, all new brake lines, all new fuel lines, changed the 2 front wheel bearings changed the front control arms and ball joints and control arm bushing, changed the diff for an LSD, Stripped an Other BMW for parts, installed custom angel eyes, built custom cold air intake, removed AC, Rebuilt the front valence with fiber glass + custom front lib.
you know, a "summer tune-up" :banghead

The noise is alwasy there, it depends on the engine revolution only.... not on gas.
The engine is stable on idle, almost perfectly stable, I think my intake gasket are to old. I should replace them. I dont think this is what is creating the noise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.