BMW Werkz banner

check engine light and check light

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Scarface 
#1 ·
sometimes my check engine light comes on(orange) and i know that may have to do with my cats stopped up, and sometimes my red check light comes on...what does the check light mean?

#2 ·
yea i got the same damn problem too. i went to my friends shop and he told me it could be a problem with your ground wires or with your alternator. if you have a sub and amp like i do it can set off your check engiene light also. i am still wondering how to fix this problem. sucks doesn't it?

#3 ·
Hey guys, if you have driving probs which you haven't stated tho, the computer has detected some condition outside of it's acceptable limits and is operating in a closed loop mode..it's using some generic preset values and ignoring the input's from various sensors to adjust the engine..the computer stores the fault code's so you can determine the source of the problem..the most likely of all occurances is the 02 sensor is faulty and needs replacing..

You should'nt ignore this light, but it should be safe to drive your car.. :thumbs

I'll do a FAQ on 'check engine light' possibilities soon.. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.