BMW Werkz banner

325 PZEV?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  parkaboynomicon 
#1 ·
Hello all,
I was just on the driveclean.ca.gov site and I saw that the 2004 325i and 325ci are classified as PZEV (partial zero-emissions vehicles). As I am currently looking for a 325xi, I wondered why the xi wasn't classified as a PZEV. Is it not fair to assume that any car with the 2.5 litre i-6 would be PZEV? Any explanations available? Does the extra weight of the awd make the car non-PZEV. Any ideas?

#3 ·
thanks crisco, interesting statistics. The 330 actually gets an extra 1 mpg on the highway. Probably because it can cruise at a lower rpm. What i was really wondering, however, is why they said on the site that it was a PZEV. I called BMW NA and they said that it was SULEV (super-ultra-low-emissions-vehicle). Here is what the site says of the 325i

EMISSIONS RATING : PZEV

AVAILABILITY : California & Northeast States

ACCELERATION : 0-60 mph in 7.1 seconds

TOP SPEED : 128 MPH

ENGINE : DOHC inline 24-valve 6-cylinder; 184 hp@6,000 rpm

FUEL ECONOMY : 19 city/27 highway MPG

TRANSMISSION : Automatic only (PZEV): 5-speed STEPTRONIC with Adaptive Transmission Control & selectable Sport mode

also wondering why they say it's PZEV with the automatic only. Maybe I will give them a call or write them an email. Any more guesses? Just a mixup in info? not really a PZEV?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.