BMW Werkz banner

"hardening" transmission

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  travelbill 
#1 ·
Is there any way to beef up my manual transmission on My 325 besides switchig it out for the M3 version?

#2 ·
Have you taken her to a reputable trnsmission shop yet? I have had many trannies upgraded and beefed up at AAMCO transmission shop, I know that they have locations all up and down the east coast. You might look there.
And :welcome Welcome to the forum, hope you like it here, I hve enjoyed it alot.

#4 ·
If you take it to a tranny shop they should tell you what they can do exactly. I had them rebuild me a 700R4(Chey tranny) and they told me exactly what they planned on doing to it, they even were going to put something in it that i had already decided I did not want and they did not put it on because I told them prior because they asked me if this was going to be acceptable before they did the work. while they were puting it in they had to buy some extra parts that they did not anticipate having to buy to begin with. i thought that they would charge me extra for these parts, but to my suprise the price that they set before they did the work is only what they charged me. I was very pleased. Hope this helped.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.