BMW Werkz banner

subs? what hits harder?!

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  tyro2001 
#1 ·
#2 ·
My cousin had kickers in his truck, and they hit pretty hard even with gain pretty low and the sub volume on mid setting. JLs are hard hitting to though. I haven't heard any of the w0 series, so I'm going to say the kicker.

#3 ·
MMATS Juggernauts...

nothing beats them!

www.mmatsproaudio.com

only problem, is that there almost double the price as JL, but they are completely warrantied..
if u blow them for playing them too loud, or for whatever reason, THEY REPLACE THEM FOR FREE, 100%!!!
u cant beat it, ive never had to return mine, theyve never broke, but a friend blew one of his, and he got a new one within a week, free!

These subs hit hardest, can handle the most power.... id take them anyday over JL

#4 ·
Both JL and Kicker make three lines of subs. You are comparing the entry level JL to Kicker's mid level sub. IF you want a better comparison you would be better off comparing the Kicker Comp to the JLw0 or the Kicker CompVR to the JLw3.

Yes I know they both make more than 3lines each, but for all intensive purposes and for comparison sakes, they both mass-produce 3lines.

#6 ·
IMO, you should really go for the JL W3V2, those are trhe lastest verison of the w3 series subwoofer by JL Audio. Excellent subwoofer, much more reliable than kicker. I've seen solo-baric L5's give way under the power that these subs can take. The excursion capabilities are excellent, the SQ crystal clear, and very good SPL. Go for two 10" (about $150 MSRP, or cheaper on Ebay), or two 12"s if you want deeper SPL.
-Just my 2 cents-

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.