BMW Werkz banner

How to take off rear 325I emblem

17K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  dado 
#1 ·
I wonder how and what is the easiest way to take the real emblem.
I heard if you heat it fit the hair dryer it will come off.
But is it going to damage paint?

#2 ·
What? :blink:

#3 ·
If you must take off the emblem, I have a suggestion for you. take some good tisle strength floss or fishing line slide it behind the emblem to pop it off. After that take some adhesive remover to clean up all the junk that is left behind. I would suggest you go to you local paint and body shop and as to see if you could get some RM Precleano. My Father has been in the paint business for the last twenty-eight years and swears by this stuff to get the nastiest adhesive gunk off, and so do I. it will work on any to be honest and it is a great clean up tool. It will not hurt your paint either. Hope this helps.

#5 ·
maybe im retarded.. but.... why are u (would u) take off the emblem? i understant the "clean" look but really, does it matter? just a question.

#7 ·
Thanks for the help guys.
I just like clean look, and hey i bough my car basic and i added many stuff in it. Car is chipped, has a cold air intake, B&B exhaust, 18" wheels and lowered 2". So it's kind a cheese to see 325I on the back:)
I will try to take it off this weekend and see how it looks.

D

#8 ·
Obviously, the only reason someone would want to take the 325 off their car is so that it could be mistaken for a 330. Sorry to tell you, folks, but there ain't nothin' like the real thing, baby! :rock

p.s: I'm Rick James, bitch!

#11 ·
bitches! show el bandito your titties.. ha im rick james bitch!

:naughty

#13 ·
I imagine some folks like to keep the dealers emblem on the other side.

IMO the back end looks much cleaner without the model badge. Ever wonder why they don't put them on the front too?

But whats really funny is when the 325i disappears and a M3 badge gets installed :nana
Its all kinda like personalized tags...can we say goofy?

I prefer just the BMW Logo badge.

And it a pain to wax around the model designations.

#15 ·
Yes Dado, that was my point but folks do it all the time. I wasn't hinting you would. I was agreeing with you.... model designations are best removed. But however the average rice burner has not idea what an M-3 looks like.
I saw an old 318 the other day that was massaged and he had an M3 badge on. He got his doors blown in by an almost stock Acura RSX-S...

By the way did you get it off?

#17 ·
Originally posted by nobodeuno@Jun 3 2004, 02:55 PM
Yes Dado, that was my point but folks do it all the time. I wasn't hinting you would. I was agreeing with you.... model designations are best removed. But however the average rice burner has not idea what an M-3 looks like.
I saw an old 318 the other day that was massaged and he had an M3 badge on. He got his doors blown in by an almost stock Acura RSX-S...

By the way did you get it off?
:thumbs you are right, I see lot's of rice burners with the fake BMW badges.
Yesterday i was so mad, Mitsubishi Evolution pulled next to me at the red light, and cute girl was driving of course :clap2
So i was kind a going to race her (stupid idea) she left me at least two or three lights behind. I was so pissed; i have to get a damn M3 :devil

I did not get off badge yet. I will do it this weekend. Hopefully

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.