BMW Werkz banner

3 Simple Questions

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  jllphan 
#1 ·
1. My OEM Changer doesn't recognize the burned CD I put in. Is this common?

2. Will my Kenwood Excelon deck be able to control the changer (I think it has changer control capatability but just wasnt sure if the BMW changers were an exception)

3. Where's the stock amp located?

#2 ·
1. Yeah, its pretty common. Many cd players are finicky about the discs they recognize. Sometimes you can find a type of CDR (brand) that will play in your player. Experiment with a few different types. You can tell they are different from the color of the underside of the cd. I dont want to get deep into this, but there are many different types of materials used to make blanks, and you can often find one that works for you.

Also some burners work better than other be it stand alone or inside your computer.

2.Unfortunately, your Kenwood deck is only compatible with a Kenwwod changer,

3. The stock amp is underneath the rear seat.

#3 ·
Ok...

So let's say I decide to keep the stock deck....

The amp is running the cabin speakers.

Can I hook up my Fosgate which will run my 10" into the stock deck as well?

#7 ·
Originally posted by El Presidente@May 29 2004, 12:06 AM
You have an amp under your seat?

The stock amp is supposed to be located behind the carpet on the driver side wall of the trunk.
Sorry, Jdawg wasnt sober when he wrote that. THinking about my old 5er. :uggh Yep, I'm the moron, my bad, whoops, wont happen again. :nono

#9 ·
Originally posted by geoff@bmw@May 28 2004, 09:30 AM
Ok...

So let's say I decide to keep the stock deck....

The amp is running the cabin speakers.

Can I hook up my Fosgate which will run my 10" into the stock deck as well?
Yes. You will need a line level converter to hookup the RCA cables to the Factory deck, but the rest is a simple sub install.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.