BMW Werkz banner

New TO BMW

3K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  MrM3 
#1 ·
Hi all of you. Im Pete, i am about to buy a 98 BMW M3 4door. I am more excited about this than I have been since I got my Porsche!!

It is a sweet silver car, has grey int. and 17in wheels. No modifications (yet!).

What should I do to it first modification wise. I want to make big TQ and HP but since i just bought i I am going to be a bit shy on extra funds for a bit. Are there any items in the car stock that can be tweaked for more gains?

I currently own a 1987 Porsche 944S and a 96 Range Rover 4.0. I love my Porsche, never going to part with it, unless it parts from the road into a tree or soemthign like that. The Range will be sold eventually to make room for a Hummer. I like my toys, and I like them fast.

Any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated.

Peter

#2 ·
lol yea... sell the m3 and get a 951 ohhhhh hmmm... sweet... mother of... big block... 3 liter 4 cylinder. oaghhhh droolll. Turbboooboost augghhhh :goggles

#3 ·
Cam has an M3/4. Congrats, welcome to the forums! If you want really big power, go with a turbo kit from AA (www.aatuning.com) you'll put out so much power that you'll scare yourself on a regular basis.

G
#4 ·
Originally posted by triggrhaapi@May 22 2003, 03:53 AM
Cam has an M3/4. Congrats, welcome to the forums! If you want really big power, go with a turbo kit from AA (www.aatuning.com) you'll put out so much power that you'll scare yourself on a regular basis.
triggs right.....if you want big power, get a AA turbo, or if you want lag free twin turbos, wait till triggrhappi devolps his kit!

#5 ·
WOW!! 11 grand is a nice chunk of change. I will wait for a bit until I have some money saved as that is way out of my ball park right now. What can be done that doesnt require huge amounts of money?

BTW, my car does not have a rear wing/spoiler, I really want one for looks and for stability at the high speeds I do intend to drive at on a regular basis. How much would I expect to pay for one and where would be a good source?

Thanks again!

#6 ·
CMGO - Welcome and congratulations! Post up what you're looking for in the 'The Store', our sponsor Nikis-Place keeps an eye on the threads and will get back to you quickly with some quotes, etc.

#7 ·
I really dont believe any of the spoilers for any of the cars now are designed for anything but looks. I think the last ones that were OEM that did anything functional was the e30 sport and m3 models. Because of the high angle of the rear window the air got very turbulent back there and it did smooth it out. However all the ones i see today do not have a lift to it but are just straight edged, box lipped.

If your gonna buy one... its just for looks

#10 ·
Originally posted by CMGO@May 21 2003, 11:51 PM
Hi all of you. Im Pete, i am about to buy a 98 BMW M3 4door. I am more excited about this than I have been since I got my Porsche!!

It is a sweet silver car, has grey int. and 17in wheels. No modifications (yet!).

What should I do to it first modification wise. I want to make big TQ and HP but since i just bought i I am going to be a bit shy on extra funds for a bit. Are there any items in the car stock that can be tweaked for more gains?

I currently own a 1987 Porsche 944S and a 96 Range Rover 4.0. I love my Porsche, never going to part with it, unless it parts from the road into a tree or soemthign like that. The Range will be sold eventually to make room for a Hummer. I like my toys, and I like them fast.

Any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated.

Peter
Hummer? nah. Get an X5 4.6 :) unless you really go offroad...then get a G500 :):)

might as well go all-german

#17 ·
Nice ride, and welcome!!! :thumbs

#19 ·
Thanks all, I got the car the othehr night and have had a blast thus far!

I met up with a VW club last night and had a pretty good time, we went out and did some street racing, made two runs with a pretty souped up VW GTI turbo, being as I had the TC on and I am new to the car I only pulled on him a little, but I won in the end. It was close though. There will be video that i will post a link to tonight.

#20 ·
Originally posted by e30_325_s52+May 27 2003, 01:08 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (e30_325_s52 @ May 27 2003, 01:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--MrM3@May 26 2003, 11:45 PM
even a m3/4? never seen that spolier on a 4 dr..i would go wit the OEM m3 spolier..and dont go CF if you live in cold regions. they thend to crack [/b][/quote]
that spoiler would fit on a M3/4, and it is OEM on the M3 GT and M3 LTW.

ski..i got those a long time ago from dtmpower. i got a whole bunch of them hi-res, but i got no place to upload them. i could email to ya tho :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.