BMW Werkz banner

New Roundel

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Trob 
#1 ·
Alright how tuff is it to repleace the Roundel..I know they say it's easy but I know how that usually goes. :banghead :p

#2 ·
It's fairly simple.

To do mine I had a piece of cloth and a flat head screwdriver on hand.

You want to carefully lift up under the top and bottom of the emblem with the flat head, while placing the cloth in between your hood and the screwdriver. Try to do the top, then switch to the bottom, then repeat. After you loosen it up enough, you should then be able to wiggle it out.

#3 ·
i just used a flat head screw driver, but using cloth to protect the paint is a very good idea. everyone told me you need new grommets with the roundel, but dont worry if you dont have them cause i just re-used the ones that were already in there and the roundel fit nice and snug.

#4 ·
Yeah it's really pretty easy. Cloth and a wide flat-head screwdriver will do the trick. I've heard that sometimes the glue has to be melted using a hairdrier but I've not had this problem.

One thing to bear in mind is that I got a replacement (brand new) roundel off eBay. I checked the size with the seller and it was the correct diameter so I went ahead and bought it. No problem. But it must have been a later badge which was perfectly flat on the base whereas the original, scratched one was curved slightly to fit the hood AND the pins holding it in were too thin for the holes. So I had to use something to stick it down properly as, with the smaller pins, it was loose. The solution was kind of ghetto, but i coated the pins in gasket sealant, rubbed a little into the holes and fitted it on a sunny, warm, day. Now the badge is held in solidly and has not come off depsite repeated high-speed antics. But it seemed more of a setback when I got this badge and realised it wasn't a perfect fit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.